Cyclist who kneed a five-year-old girl to the floor on Christmas Day for blocking his path successfully

OVERDRIVE

3 minutes ago, JeanCs said:

How so? It’s pretty common knowledge here that you can’t post other ppl’s picture online 

I'm french and I have no idea ;)

seems common sense that you don't go and take pics of others, even less so posting them on social media... Unless the **** hit my daughter and left without saying sorry or making sure she was allright..

Edited by Jbr

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

this sentence right here is enough to make me question anything that you post.

My experience has taught me that anyone that starts by saying this is talking utter bollocks 

I m belgian and this Sounds like a Monty python skit. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

39 minutes ago, JeanCs said:

I am french and know the law, Look it up. At least here in France, Belgium ( where this incident occurs) and a lot of different European counties (except the UK) it’s illegal to post pictures/videos of someone else without their consent. France even goes further and you’re not even allowed to take pictures of ppl without their consent ( paparazzi are mostly illegal here)

how is it a cornerstone of democracy? It’s to protect individuals privacy. 

Most serious photographers in SOUTH AFRICA carry right to use forms with them.  IF you get "that" photo .. you quickly get people to sign the right to use form.

The rules are hardly ever applied, but a serious photographer will rather avoid the potential schlep ....

As for the statement (in another post) that "we are permanently watched by cameras" .... this footage is ONLY available to the monitoring rooms !!  Even the police needs a case number to access the footage.

AGREED with @IceCreamMan .... posting the footage was "illegal" .... BUT... that gent needs to take one long hard look in the mirror, knocking down a kid and then just riding away 👎

Haven't read the article as I never click a link to the Daily Fail, but I'll jump on the bandwagon and say the Oke is a **** 

On the subject of people getting knocked down, I'm surprised to see that there has been no mention anywhere on the Hub of Andreas Probst. Sadly his knock down was fatal. The video is upsetting, so be warned if you do a google search. Not to detract from little girls getting shoved into the mud or anything.

Oh, for what it's worth, I'm South African.

Surprised he didn't try claim damages for his knee also. The law is an absolute joke. If he didn't knee the kid then his ugly mug wouldn't have been posted all over the internet. Actions and consequences bud.

Edited by Sandro

5 hours ago, Nancy Drew said:

On the subject of people getting knocked down, I'm surprised to see that there has been no mention anywhere on the Hub of Andreas Probst. Sadly his knock down was fatal. The video is upsetting, so be warned if you do a google search.

I saw the footage on the weekend and just cannot get over the casual, unthinking nature of that crime done by those eedjut teens and superb representatives of the Mensa no-hopers’ club.  Thankfully, I live in an area with multiple bike paths and lanes and wide pavements with few pedestrians while on my way to the trails or shops or chilled beachfront rides.  

PS.  A George Carlin line comes to mind:  

image.jpeg.45de798bb37096d68f52d9ac08b2863a.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

On 9/8/2023 at 11:26 PM, milky4130 said:

My initial reaction was that can’t be true, nobody in their right mind sticks a knee out to deliberately hit someone and his explanation was my thinking of what happened, it looks bad on video but come on anyone that has had to balance on their bike would throw a knee out like that it’s just unfortunate the kid got hit in the process. 

If he as a thinking responsible adult was riding on a trail in conditions that he should have assessed as being hazardous, then surely when you approach a 5 year old child (That as a grand parent himself, must have on countless occasions witnessed kids this age not being fully aware of their surroundings, or have the uncanny ability to run out suddenly. Though the kid remained stationary) to stop and wait or get off and walk if there was not ample SAFE space to pass.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:21 AM, Jbr said:

If by balancing myself I kicked a little girl down I’d spend the next 5 mins apologising to the girl and the parents, that explanation doesn’t change the fact that he is a scumag

you mean just simply display basic good manners (as per your description)

On 9/10/2023 at 1:41 PM, Jewbacca said:

I think this thread and article is a perfect case in point on why global news/socials/forums and general internet 'nowness' is causing cancer, depression and a whole heap of other social issues.

There is a proper term for it, but basically it has to do with people being exposed to so many different points of interest and engagement (in this case in a negative way) which effects the reader emotionally, despite the news having absolutely zero bearing on ones life.

It's quite complex and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but basically people are emotionally invested in way too many things they can't control and have no business being invested in that it is causing all sorts of issues with the brain and body.

People hurt other people's kids all the time. The fact that the Catholic church is still a thing despite it's history astonishes me. 

If someone hurt your kid, or you hurt someone's kid, then deal with it, but this is just simply a case of 'hahahaha look, another person is a total twat. Who would have thought?'

People are, by in large, crap. We should stop feigning surprise and becoming outraged every time the news points this out 😜

so it should just be deemed acceptable and the world must just move along?

10 hours ago, Hairy said:

so it should just be deemed acceptable and the world must just move along?

I think the point the Wookie is making is that we are hard wired in such a way that behaviour that egregiously breaks standards of social propiety comandeers our attention. This is the result of hundreds of thousands of generations of natural selection that has selected for behaviours that preserve our capacity to cooperate socially.

Social media presents us with examples of behaviour such as this Muppet on his bike, which threaten the social structure which we then instinctively turn on and attack, even though it has no direct bearing on our lives.

In its evolutionary context this is highly adaptive because it contributes to the survival of a small social group. Our recently developed technological capacities mean that we hear and see and can all but smell incidents like the one under discussion, and the animal we are instinctively devotes a whole bunch of energy to it even though it's materially irrelevant to us.

Evil geniuses at insta etc exploit similarly adaptive behaviours to addict us to their revenue streams. Social comparison amongst teens and so on.

Gives a whole new meaning to "local is lekker".