94.7 shocking stadium security!

Emazing

12 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

Imagine the event was held at Kyalami Race Track with riders starting and finishing on the circuit itself. 

finish being one lap of the track 😅 I'd probably fly to jozi for this 😍

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Security will be slow to respond as they most likely get a cut from their buddies. 

yes it seems that way - I talked to the victim of the mugging and he said the security were careless and did not even want to deal with thiS. Citizens were helping more the USLESS LUMPS OF WAST called security did nothing- I am not riding this race again if it's at FNB.   FNB BANK SHOULD SHOULD NOT PUT THIER NAME TO THIS VENUE 

* Moving this to Kyalami is NOT the answer. We used to start and finish there. It is a nightmare logistically. If you think parking is bad now, try kyalami on for size.

* were you guys not on bikes ? how was the parking far from the start for you ? I purposely parked in one of the further parkings, its really not an issue. CTCT the parking is even further away.

* They have tried venues in the north, Steyn City is a ball ache, Woodmead drive offers no secure near by parking, kyalami is a massive bottleneck to get cars in or out.

Its simply a case of beefing up security at the current venue. A venue that was built to handle 10s of thousands of people going in and out.

I completely disagree with you thank to FNB Stadium is going to Third World venue with vagrants crime difficult to park just an unpleasant situation not worth enduring ever again.

11 minutes ago, Emazing said:

I completely disagree with you thank to FNB Stadium is going to Third World venue with vagrants crime difficult to park just an unpleasant situation not worth enduring ever again.

I agree with Ouzo on this venue as it logistically way better than any other venues. The main thing parking and access to the venue. Where is a venue currently that would cater for about 15 000 cars and easy to get in and out. The other aspect is the "Chill Zone" after the race that can accommodate about 7 000 people at once. You also need to think about the fact on how full road closure will affect residents.

Option 1: Kyalami will be able to accommodate the numbers, but realistically thinking there is only one entrance. The first year I rode was in 2003 and the event was at Kyalami and I do not think the numbers were as big as the past few years. There was multiple roads going to Kyalami but only two entrances. The main entrance and then there was a gravel road that took you from Leeukop Prison to the one side of Kyalami. Most people from the east, north and south used the main entrance as it was the best option but traffic was a nightmare. Getting out of Kyalami depending where you parked was also a mission. So this one in these times are a no go.

Option 2: Steyn City. Do not know how much open space are available these days, but will be able to accommodate the numbers. Few options for entering the venue, but basically three roads leading towards these entrances. Traffic from the N14 past Dieplsoot with the never ending roadworks was also hectic. Traffic going out two options Cedar Road towards Fourways and N14 Diepsloot. Traffic outbound will also be hectic.

Option 3: Current Venue. Logistically it is the best for traffic as there are multiple roads going out. The are is large enough to cater for the numbers. Further options to make is safer is to explore Nasrec as a parking option behind closed gates. Need some sort of identification for entering and exiting the area. Get proper security and also more to assist with traffic handling and also parking. Better signage for parking identification. Get the SAPS involved at the finish, more visible.

Last word on the route it is meant to be tough. The same applies to MTB events, if it is labelled as tough accept it as it is. This is not an event for unfit masses, although on paper it looks fine but throw in weather then it is on another level.

49 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

* Moving this to Kyalami is NOT the answer. We used to start and finish there. It is a nightmare logistically. If you think parking is bad now, try kyalami on for size.

* were you guys not on bikes ? how was the parking far from the start for you ? I purposely parked in one of the further parkings, its really not an issue. CTCT the parking is even further away.

* They have tried venues in the north, Steyn City is a ball ache, Woodmead drive offers no secure near by parking, kyalami is a massive bottleneck to get cars in or out.

Its simply a case of beefing up security at the current venue. A venue that was built to handle 10s of thousands of people going in and out.

You talk about Kyalami as if it was yesterday.
It was 5-10 years ago? After Kyalami came a couple of Steyn City starts and after that FNB for past 3 years?
The roads have improved a LOT around Allendale.
Maybe something to consider again?

FNB stadium, for me, is a dangerous area.
For one I will NOT let my wife drive there alone.  Never.  
And if I feel unsafe, so will some other people.
This will be my MAIN reason why I won't enter again.  The crap security, poor car guards aggression towards getting money and now a couple of incidents where they tried to steal phones.
Not thank you.  

We live in 3rd world **** hole , I wish these weren't the stories being shared post ride but it is 

I agree the current venue is logistically the best but you'll have to get the army and half of the Gauteng police involved to "secure" it. 

I work in Kyalami and trust me 50 cars exiting this place at once causes a bottle neck I can't imagine the amounts with an event like this. 

Moving the venue is not a long term solution but I can't offer a better one than to close off streets a day earlier ( this will make my day hell ) and getting tons of security and POLICE in the whole week leading up to the race. 

WOOOOOSAAAAA

1 minute ago, Spinnekop said:

You talk about Kyalami as if it was yesterday.
It was 5-10 years ago? After Kyalami came a couple of Steyn City starts and after that FNB for past 3 years?
The roads have improved a LOT around Allendale.
Maybe something to consider again?

FNB stadium, for me, is a dangerous area.
For one I will NOT let my wife drive there alone.  Never.  
And if I feel unsafe, so will some other people.
This will be my MAIN reason why I won't enter again.  The crap security, poor car guards aggression towards getting money and now a couple of incidents where they tried to steal phones.
Not thank you.  

Allandale has improved, but the entrance to Kyalami has stayed the same. The open fields around Kyalami where we used to be able to park has become residential developments. So that parking is gone.

I dont disagree on the location and safety aspect of FNB, even NASREC wont be much better. But the alternatives suggested here will not work either.

6 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

We live in 3rd world **** hole , I wish these weren't the stories being shared post ride but it is 

I agree the current venue is logistically the best but you'll have to get the army and half of the Gauteng police involved to "secure" it. 

I work in Kyalami and trust me 50 cars exiting this place at once causes a bottle neck I can't imagine the amounts with an event like this. 

Moving the venue is not a long term solution but I can't offer a better one than to close off streets a day earlier ( this will make my day hell ) and getting tons of security and POLICE in the whole week leading up to the race. 

WOOOOOSAAAAA

How they going to have an F1 there if 50cars is too much?

https://www.news24.com/sport/motorsport/formulaone/talks-over-south-africa-hosting-an-f1-race-paused-not-terminated-says-motorsport-sa-chair-20230613

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

I've been going to Kyalami since I was a kid in the early 80's. The roads around there were never the bottle neck to get in or out, it has always been the entrance and silly narrow roads inside.

9 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I'll bet GOOD money F1 will never come here 

THis track ( i can literally stand up and look at it ) is not near FIA cat 1 , it doesn't have the pull like Monaco that the FIA will look the other way. 

And when the proper inspections happen ( the ones from last year were BS ) the people are going to get robbed blind. 

That weekend will cause robbers to fly up to gauteng just come grab some pie 

I have a friend that works for a big security company , remember when that F1 expo was planned for Joburg ?( Cancelled because of covid )  He was part of the MULTIPLE teams contracted for Bottas' protection 

I wish I wasn't this negative about this country but lately its really getting at me and the saddest part is I'm not even blowing anything out of proportion 

Edited by BaGearA

Please take these concerns up with the organisers and make them aware of the problems. We are all aware of the challenges faced by all of us living in the country we do. For my part, I think the venue and route are pretty spot on. There is realistically nowhere else that can accommodate an event like this.  

1 minute ago, Forthefun said:

The organizer I am told more then likely don't care and don’t respond! I am not surprised 😲 

I doubt they dont care. Safety issues like this puts their event in jeopardy.

As much as i think their Admin around the event was rubbish this year, I seriously doubt they will ignore safety issues surrounding the event.