EvoBikes and Janos Thief or Honest ?

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

Speak to people on the hub as you would anywhere else in life, and you'll get the appropriate response.

Completely agree that courtesy is non-negotiable for all parties concerned.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only had good dealings with Evobikes so far as well. Will wait for them to respond accordingly before making any assumptions.

I also think the OP is allowed to feel aggrieved if the service levels are not at the correct standard. I do think he could’ve gone at it in a better way though. At the same time, i also feel that hubbers sometimes are blindly loyal to certain bike shops or people because they haven’t had issues. I think it’s fine to praise a certain bike shop but I also think we shouldn’t protect them when they’ve done wrong.

In saying that, I hate taking these things online. I try and sort my issues out in person. I think we are far too quick these days to just jump on social media and bash companies. 

Ok let me answer this best I can as there are alot of comments

1 -His rudeness towards me stems from in instore interaction with me  numerous times , The point where I gave up was when the Lady that sits in front called him to assist me and he just proceeded to ignore me

2 -Calling the shop has for the most part gone unanswered and not returned

3-This would be the second refund that needed to be done and yes the first one went through fairly smooth

1 minute ago, Bub Marley said:

Only had good dealings with Evobikes so far as well. Will wait for them to respond accordingly before making any assumptions.

I also think the OP is allowed to feel aggrieved if the service levels are not at the correct standard. I do think he could’ve gone at it in a better way though. At the same time, i also feel that hubbers sometimes are blindly loyal to certain bike shops or people because they haven’t had issues. I think it’s fine to praise a certain bike shop but I also think we shouldn’t protect them when they’ve done wrong.

In saying that, I hate taking these things online. I try and sort my issues out in person. I think we are far too quick these days to just jump on social media and bash companies. 

Nah, sometimes it’s expectations and feelings of self importance that need to be realigned.. 

And the hub will sort that **** out quick sticks 🤣🤣🤣 

Running out of popcorn with all these shame the bike shop/owner threads this week! 😜

11 minutes ago, Shaheedalex said:

Ok let me answer this best I can as there are alot of comments

1 -His rudeness towards me stems from in instore interaction with me  numerous times , The point where I gave up was when the Lady that sits in front called him to assist me and he just proceeded to ignore me

2 -Calling the shop has for the most part gone unanswered and not returned

3-This would be the second refund that needed to be done and yes the first one went through fairly smooth

how about stop buying there after this has been settled and move on with your life ??

2 hours ago, Shaheedalex said:

be told I hate complaining infact I can complain about every s

@Shaheedalex You have the right to feel aggrieved and voice your side of a story, and a public forum audience has the right to comment in whichever they want to (as long as laws aren't broken). There's no winner or loser here.

So what's the goal? We assume you feel ignored, want to get the Janus' attention, and ultimately want your R150 refunded.

There are many ways to get what you want, but how you do it, and how you treat people is a measure of the calibre of person you are. Try being kind first.

The tone of your subsequent replies in the thread to other Hubbers is also abrasive.  Maybe it was unintended and you didn't mean to come across this way, but that's how it was received.

Instead of loaded accusations in a thread title like "thief", consider something like "Attention Evobikes & Janus".

Instead of a personal attack in the first thread message, consider calmly stating your facts and saying what you want. Start by mention tagging @Evobikes and/or @EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE and say you're posting on Bikehub because your emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. Ask them to find your emails and reply to you so that the refund can be finalised.

If however your intention for this thread is less about the R150 refund and more about publicly airing your opinion of Janus as a business owner, then say that and don't muddy it into a refund battle.

Not excusing their lack of response to your emails in any way, but we doubt Evobikes is out to target you, so unless you've omitted some important context, it's very likely they'll sort you out.

Edited by Two-Stroke

26 minutes ago, Two-Stroke said:

@Shaheedalex You have the right to feel aggrieved and voice your side of a story, and a public forum audience has the right to comment in whichever they want to (as long as laws aren't broken). There's no winner or loser here.

So what's the goal? We assume you feel ignored, want to get the Janus' attention, and ultimately want your R150 refunded.

There are many ways to get what you want, but how you do it, and how you treat people is a measure of the calibre of person you are. Try being kind first.

The tone of your subsequent replies in the thread to other Hubbers is also abrasive.  Maybe it was unintended and you didn't mean to come across this way, but that's how it was received.

Instead of loaded accusations in a thread title like "thief", consider something like "Attention Evobikes & Janus".

Instead of a personal attack in the first thread message, consider calmly stating your facts and saying what you want. Start by mention tagging @Evobikes and/or @EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE and say you're posting on Bikehub because your emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. Ask them to find your emails and reply to you so that the refund can be finalised.

If however your intention for this thread is less about the R150 refund and more about publicly airing your opinion of Janus as a business owner, then say that and don't muddy it into a refund battle.

Not excusing their lack of response to your emails in any way, but we doubt Evobikes is out to target you, so unless you've omitted some important context, it's very likely they'll sort you out.

This.

And, using full sentences and proper email etiquette will more often than not get the desired response. How people still struggle to use "is/am/are" is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Oh look, Friday, are that yoos?