Unbound 2024

Stephan

16 hours ago, Sven142 said:

Instagram live feed is the only place every year where I watch and follow the race. Normally the Lifetime GP feed and Unboundgravel feed share between the mens and ladies coverage.

Track leaders seems to be somewhat behind the live feed, but showing Benky in 8 th for the XL 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Kom said:

Track leaders seems to be somewhat behind the live feed, but showing Benky in 8 th for the XL 

He was up to 4th.

Looks like he went off course though unfortunately

On 5/31/2024 at 4:35 PM, Sven142 said:

99% of us can't go Fast though so looking Fast is the only option 🤣

I believe it is as much as 70% Of doing anything is simply looking the part🥳🤘🏻🤣🤣

55 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

He was up to 4th.

Looks like he went off course though unfortunately

Not sure I’d trust the tracker that much

On 5/31/2024 at 9:56 AM, peetwindhoek said:

I watched Dylan's video (fan here) and love what he has done, but could not help myself thinking during the video: "If only he had Matt's power to really see what all those gains could do!"

This hasn't aged well. 

Dylan Johnson 10th overall, Matt Beers 13th. Looks like DJs aero bike and MTB tyres trumped MBs power. 😉 😜 

9 hours ago, El Duderino said:

This hasn't aged well. 

Dylan Johnson 10th overall, Matt Beers 13th. Looks like DJs aero bike and MTB tyres trumped MBs power. 😉 😜 

I have a thought on the huge block Matt and Keegan did in Tucson up to past week --> it was way too much volume and intensity a week before Unbound ... 

Thinking similar but what do we know ? Was clearly part of the long term load plan. Sometimes you just don’t have it in the legs on the day.

2 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Thinking similar but what do we know ? Was clearly part of the long term load plan. Sometimes you just don’t have it in the legs on the day.

Matt specifically doubled his volume from what he did leading up to his win for BWR California.

I don't believe a linear volume target based on an event a month later can scale especially for an athlete not having done that before - in my amateur opinion that is ...

7 minutes ago, Kom said:

I have a thought on the huge block Matt and Keegan did in Tucson up to past week --> it was way too much volume and intensity a week before Unbound ... 

I'm not being confrontational, but do you really reckon that sitting in Cape Town, you know better than the professional coaches who have access to all numbers, information and plans as well as a known historical relationship with the athlete and how he recovers and how he has thrived in the past?

I'm really interested as it just reminds me of the rugby fans who always know better than the coaches, statisticians and technical directors.

I'd guess the coaching teams and doctors know way more than we do and these things aren't just written up on a whim. But meh, what do I know 

10 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm not being confrontational, but do you really reckon that sitting in Cape Town, you know better than the professional coaches who have access to all numbers, information and plans as well as a known historical relationship with the athlete and how he recovers and how he has thrived in the past?

I'm really interested as it just reminds me of the rugby fans who always know better than the coaches, statisticians and technical directors.

I'd guess the coaching teams and doctors know way more than we do and these things aren't just written up on a whim. But meh, what do I know 

I mean you realise that a forum is made exactly for this purpose right?

Gatekeeping is an opinion too i guess.

Just now, Kom said:

I mean you realise that a forum is made exactly for this purpose right?

Gatekeeping is an opinion too i guess.

How is me asking you if you believe you know more than the coaches and doctors 'gatekeeping'?

The fact that you're defensive and confrontational is ironic as 'you realise that a forum is made exactly for this purpose right?'

I am fascinated by motivation and what drives people. I'm also really interested in the delusions of fans and the weird associations and reactions people have with outcome.

But ja, never mind. I'll remember not to engage in your delusions in future 🫡

What a cool result for the man in skinsuit and aero helmet who also epitomises The Courageous Adventurer in modern cycling. 
In a breakaway, he went solo, took a wrong run, somehow got back into the race, went on the attack again, and took the sprint.
A win in 4 attempts after a few top 10 finishes. Somma makes me wanna go out and get a Cannondale grêvvel machine. Inspiring Lachlan Morton.

IMG_7383.jpeg

25 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

What a cool result for the man in skinsuit and aero helmet who also epitomises The Courageous Adventurer in modern cycling. 
In a breakaway, he went solo, took a wrong run, somehow got back into the race, went on the attack again, and took the sprint.
A win in 4 attempts after a few top 10 finishes. Somma makes me wanna go out and get a Cannondale grêvvel machine. Inspiring Lachlan Morton.

IMG_7383.jpeg

One of my favourite all time cycling personalities. Riding the tour solo in sandals a couple of years back testament to his attitude. 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

IMG_7383.jpeg

This ou... ^^^^

Been unofficial world champ IMO for a few years now. Any time Lachlan gets on his bike, cycling wins. 

Incredible result from Morton.

Can't help but think the same about MB and Keegan. Both of them out of the top 10, how often does this happen. But also agree with Jewbacca, what do we know. I'd be interested to hear how the race went, I would assume Keegan and Beers being the animals that they are, took it upon themselves to do most of the chasing, and that may have bit them in the end ? Very keen to hear from DJ how it all unfolded, the next episode of Bonk bros will be very special, can't wait !

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Incredible result from Morton.

Can't help but think the same about MB and Keegan. Both of them out of the top 10, how often does this happen. But also agree with Jewbacca, what do we know. I'd be interested to hear how the race went, I would assume Keegan and Beers being the animals that they are, took it upon themselves to do most of the chasing, and that may have bit them in the end ? Very keen to hear from DJ how it all unfolded, the next episode of Bonk bros will be very special, can't wait !

yeah - bonkbros will sort this out for sure - but even then will be speculation.

MB road with DJ for sometime before 2nd group split, moving KS and MB to group 3. I was a tad surprised. (Consider DJ himself just having been off the bike for that throat ulcer thingy he has a week back).

Either my theory holds - too much volume, they were both overtrained, or Unbound just wasnt as important WRT winning future Lifetime events, or the series itself, in which case they used this as a training event.