will king price cover my hubs

Today i wanted to go for a nice pr record of 60km since getting back on my bike, it was cut short by a snaped chain quick link, a puncture and my hub wobbling about 5mm to each side, i feel that something is not right in my drivetrain and i also hear it, my rims are now cracked and will not hold tubeless anymore i blame that on titan racing cutting corners on the rogue sport 2023. i would like to know can some of this be covered by warranty or can it be covered by king prices R1 bicycle insurance and if not how much will the total cost be for the new wheel sets. For those who want to know i snaped the chain just going up hill suppose to much power since the chain is well maintained and only has 100km on it and the rims because i heavily cased a jump.  i fixed the chain though 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Jp_perros said:

Today i wanted to go for a nice pr record of 60km since getting back on my bike, it was cut short by a snaped chain quick link, a puncture and my hub wobbling about 5mm to each side, i feel that something is not right in my drivetrain and i also hear it, my rims are now cracked and will not hold tubeless anymore i blame that on titan racing cutting corners on the rogue sport 2023. i would like to know can some of this be covered by warranty or can it be covered by king prices R1 bicycle insurance and if not how much will the total cost be for the new wheel sets. For those who want to know i snaped the chain just going up hill suppose to much power since the chain is well maintained and only has 100km on it and the rims because i heavily cased a jump.  i fixed the chain though 

So where did Titan cut corners? You are not going to get much support here with this kind of post

I dint expect them to put good quality rims on, i feal like the rims are good enough to get you started but not good enough to do more harsh things it is a budget bike after all  

So were you doing more harsh things then?

Your first port of call would be to check your insurance t&c and Titan’s warranty info. 
From there, contact KP and/or Titan.

Edited by Danger Dassie

2 hours ago, Jp_perros said:

.....the rims because i heavily cased a jump.....

YouTube is full of high quality products destroyed by "casing jumps".

This is the reality of hard riding ... you play, you pay

These inferior products are not just going to break, they are usually heavier, harder to service, don’t spin as freely, tyres are generally harder to seat, etc

No insurance doesn't cover maintenance and very few if any cases wear and tear. 

Are you insured already ? 

Also 1 rand insurance is going to get you 1 rand coverage ....

46 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Also 1 rand insurance is going to get you 1 rand coverage ....

Indeed. Expect nothing for nothing. 

I'm insured with Santam. I've claimed a wheel and a fork from them and both got paid out, but then I have a comprehensive coverage plan with both my bikes specified. I don't just pay R1.00 though. I pay a couple of 1000% more.

And the T&C's with the R1 cover from KP states that you have R1 cover until your first bike related claim, then it goes up to a normal premium.

Claim wisely.

Chat to Titan first. 
You insurance would have a clause in that states it wont cover if its covered under warranty. 

But there seems to be a lot happening in your scenario. 60km PR ride, chain snapping, then puncture, then wobbling hub and then cracked rims from the cased jump. 

Did all this happen in one go/incident? 
Good luck with the search on who is going to cover your loss.  

19 hours ago, Jp_perros said:

i snaped the chain just going up hill suppose to much power. 

Can we get you a job at eskom?

Jokes aside, that's not what happened. It's been a while since a JRA thread has delivered so many plot twists first up. 

So I bought me a new Spez Stumpy Evo late last year. An absolute beast of a bike. It just plows through everything I throw at it, except for the lead in to the Contersmanskloof Rhino, where there is one rock that just hates my rear wheel. I am 2 for 2 in getting a flat and a couple extra bends to my rim there.
I have now taken a shifting spanner to that rim twice in the 8 or so months of owning the bike, and just replaced the rear Eliminator tyre with a new one last Friday.

Does this warrant an insurance claim? Maybe. Did I? no. Could I? probably. Can I go to Spez and fight them for giving me such a toss rim? I feel that is unfair. It's me that hit that rock with a semi underinflated tyre thinking it will improve my grip levels. 

You cased a jump.... no warranty there! Warranty covers defects, not abuse. Depending on your cover you might be able to claim from insurance, look at your schedule, my Discovery coverage would definitely pay for the damage, less the R1000 excess, and most insurers have a clause that they won't pay if it was during a race.

Chain break is school fees, lots of things that could have caused that.

37 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

Chain break is school fees, lots of things that could have caused that

I suspect all the "issues" listed in his post are related to the one incident