The ARGUS 2025 Thread (AKA CTCT)

Shebeen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the email last week to say entries open today. Somewhere in the back of my empty head I seem to recall entering very soon after this years race.

It took me a bit of searching, but eventually found the email confirming entry for 2025.

Club 21 for me next year. 

Now just to plan the CIT heist so that I can fund the trip.

#10 in 2025 for me 🙏🤞

I did my first one in 2010 – I always thought 10 would be a cool target to aim for. 😎

50 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Got the email last week to say entries open today. Somewhere in the back of my empty head I seem to recall entering very soon after this years race.

It took me a bit of searching, but eventually found the email confirming entry for 2025.

Club 21 for me next year. 

Now just to plan the CIT heist so that I can fund the trip.

Jip, went through the same last week .... also registered just after the event.

27 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

#10 in 2025 for me 🙏🤞

I did my first one in 2010 – I always thought 10 would be a cool target to aim for. 😎

After our 2nd one we put a goal in place to do 10 in a row, I think we got to 12 before we skipped any.

Its a great achievement if you think about it, committing 10 years to doing something.

We then set our sites on Club 21. Life and economics happened, so its taken longer to get to, but we put the goal of achieving it before we reach 50 years old. I turn 50 next year, so I HAVE to finish next year ride.

52 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

#10 in 2025 for me 🙏🤞

Haha - I did my 10th in 2010 when you did your 1st 🤘

14 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

After our 2nd one we put a goal in place to do 10 in a row, I think we got to 12 before we skipped any.

Its a great achievement if you think about it, committing 10 years to doing something.

We then set our sites on Club 21. Life and economics happened, so its taken longer to get to, but we put the goal of achieving it before we reach 50 years old. I turn 50 next year, so I HAVE to finish next year ride.

You still have plentyyyy of time...my Tannie Ansie did 21 long Argusse, one short one this year and already entered for next year. And she's 72😲

6 minutes ago, Scary Rider said:

You still have plentyyyy of time...my Tannie Ansie did 21 long Argusse, one short one this year and already entered for next year. And she's 72😲

I plan to be doing them for as long as I'm physically and financially able to. But its good to put some goals in place, so 21 B4 50 is a great goal. We even had shirts made last year.

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

Edited by The Ouzo

the entry portal is open.

I was able to get as far as entering myself.

but since I will have an eligible kid on the tandem behind me, the thing kept on crashing trying to put his details in.

I will come back later. 

I am still thinking twice about entering, I need to save up for an Australian trip and I have my wife's 50th birthday next year, so unless I win the lotto or inherit some money this is not going to happen.

31 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I am still thinking twice about entering, I need to save up for an Australian trip and I have my wife's 50th birthday next year, so unless I win the lotto or inherit some money this is not going to happen.

You could just prioritize the CTCT and Australian trip and see how that plays out.

51 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Take her for a spin around the mountain on 'n tandem for the 50th?
2 flies one stone?  
😁

Entered already but they are definitely riding on reputation or maybe my level of excitement with the event has diminished now i live in the Cape. Its now easier to charge the battery on the ebie than put in the Kms that are required for the fitness i need. Will be #23. I need something to jolt my fat self in to action.