Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen on PPA FB .Stabbing between Sunset beach and Paddocks.Stabbed in hand ,Bike recovered by bystanders.

Be careful out there

Do you have a link or any other info? I think I might have just passed through that section when it happened

Do you have a link or any other info? I think I might have just passed through that section when it happened

Saw it on Pedal power FB

CT Cycle Route Safety FB page only has this: 

Cyclist was stabbed in his hand and robbed of his bicycle on the cycle path between Sunset Beach and the Paddocks this afternoon, bystanders managed to get his bike back.Please be vigilant when you are out cycling in the area.

Do you perhaps know around what time this happened?

There's usually a few vagrants seen in the bushes on the side of the road, nesting there.

I don't cycle in the Table View/West Coast direction often because I feel obligated to use the cycle lane and don't really fancy it.

Hopefully motorists will also understand the choice to stay on the road now as a result of safety concerns.

North of Paarden Island the cycle lane is right to the road?

South I also use the yellow lane on the N1, but always on the harbour side. People riding on the other must be very unhappy with their lifes imho ;)

North of Paarden Island the cycle lane is right to the road?

South I also use the yellow lane on the N1, but always on the harbour side. People riding on the other must be very unhappy with their lifes imh

Yes,saw an idiot this morning cycling on Marine Drive "looked like a serous cyclist had all the kit etc cycling in the direction of Cape Town around  06:15 still very dark and there is no yellow emergency lane on that stretch of road but to make matters even worse this chop had no lights crazy.

Apparently a cyclist was stabbed near Pedlars (Constantia) yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone have any more detail ?

Yes,saw an idiot this morning cycling on Marine Drive "looked like a serous cyclist had all the kit etc cycling in the direction of Cape Town around  06:15 still very dark and there is no yellow emergency lane on that stretch of road but to make matters even worse this chop had no lights crazy.

I've seen that guy often. When I say 'seen', I use the word very loosely...

Perhaps I should start a thread where cyclists can post if they HAVEN'T been stabbed, mugged, robbed, beaten up or knocked off their bicycles? This here thread is just getting too looooong  :ph34r: 

so...a mugging and a stabbing on a route I do over weekends to melkbos from dbnville.

guess thats that then too. Soon we'll be confined to the wine estate trails only.

FML. i'm getting tired of this **** man. :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

so...a mugging and a stabbing on a route I do over weekends to melkbos from dbnville.

guess thats that then too. Soon we'll be confined to the wine estate trails only.

FML. i'm getting tired of this **** man. :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

I stay in Milnerton and ride through here on my way to Conties and everywhere else on weekends.

Been avoiding Parklands/N7 side like the plague for the last 2 years since hearing about numerous attacks in the area.

I spoke with a cycling buddy recently who also said he's starting to feel nervous around the Makro area as of late.

Gatvol does not even begin to describe how I feel.

Unless in a big group (10+), I've been avoiding that area for at least two years already. Just had a very edgy feeling one morning, and decided, that's it, not riding here again.