Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

49 minutes ago, MarcW said:

A top level female cyclist was attacked in Hout Bay yesterday and left unconscious next to the roadway, MO sounded exactly the same as above. I believe she is okay, injury wise. The perps stole a Trek Checkpoint and all accessories.  I am not sure of the exact location or time but assume for now it was the same area. Be very careful out there folks. 

The local CPF need to pull their fingers out their...*

They should organise an operation to trap the perps with SAPS. Also the local security companies operating in the area should strategically position their vehicles to either observe for perps and/or inform cyclists of an alternative route during the known hours of these muggings. Warning signage is also an option. Positioning of CCTV cameras funded by the local community/ businesses to actively monitor the hot spots.

BukeHub has a great following. It's about time the membership be used to create petitions to activate authorities to get off their )*( 's and do something about the problem.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MarcW said:

A top level female cyclist was attacked in Hout Bay yesterday and left unconscious next to the roadway, MO sounded exactly the same as above. I believe she is okay, injury wise. The perps stole a Trek Checkpoint and all accessories.  I am not sure of the exact location or time but assume for now it was the same area. Be very careful out there folks. 

**** sorry to hear, do you know what time it happened?

i actually avoid this now since section since the 1st incident, but not just for safety also the sewerage spill that's laying in the road... i'm already kukking myself there don't need the marks on bib to show it.

2 hours ago, MarcW said:

My step daughter and I helped her and took her home. She was most likely concust. Her boyfriend took her to the hospital. Like an idiot I took my dog out  (he's a mantrailing dog) and decided to trail into IY. I got about 30m in and decided I'm not going to have my dog killed for a bicycle. The incident happened at about 9.15 opposite IY on the graveyard side.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CYCLE PAST IY. They ARE waiting for you. it IS coordinated and the police are USELESS!!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Reply removed due to a first hand account of events that was posted.

Edited by Wannabe
Redacted.

14 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CYCLE PAST IY. They ARE waiting for you. it IS coordinated and the police are USELESS!!

I trust that the local CPF hasn't been infiltrated by gangsters.

Can someone from this area get them to comment on this forum??

Just now, Wannabe said:

The account of events I heard that it was around 09h00 and about 500m around the corner from the Chapmanspeak Hotel, at the first rise in incline as you start on Chappies. One perp in the road, grabbed her gravel bike, she fell and hit her head. She's concussed, and unclear about the sequence of events from there on. She did not sustain serious injuries.

What confuses me is that it is said the perp disappeared into the squatter camp with her bike, but I'm not aware of any squatter camps in that immediate area?? 

@Duane_Bosch post above clears up the location etc. Thanks to him for helping her out and thinking better of going into IY alone! 

1 hour ago, MarcW said:

@Duane_Bosch post above clears up the location etc. Thanks to him for helping her out and thinking better of going into IY alone! 

The little circle is where the attack happened. The arrows are the route the perp took into IY. The arrows end where I came to my senses and realized I was unarmed with no flankers headed for ****.

To re iterate. Don't ride past IY under any circumstances. Rather go Empire and onto Valley road. from my understanding there have been at least 3 incidence of this nature on that stretch of road in the last 2 days.

It's literally 50m from a police station and there are cctv cams covering that bit of road. These okes don't give a funk

Image 005.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

100m from where I got mugged two years ago.

7 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

The little circle is where the attack happened. The arrows are the route the perp took into IY. The arrows end where I came to my senses and realized I was unarmed with no flankers headed for ****.

To re iterate. Don't ride past IY under any circumstances. Rather go Empire and onto Valley road. from my understanding there have been at least 3 incidence of this nature on that stretch of road in the last 2 days.

It's literally 50m from a police station and there are cctv cams covering that bit of road. These okes don't give a funk

Image 005.jpg

I never ride past IY if alone. Even in a large group I feel nervous. Riding past IY and any other informal settlement is just playing Russian roulette. 

21 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Image 005.jpg

It looks like the attack happened 100m from SAPS Hout Bay Police Station???? 

On 12/28/2023 at 12:08 PM, Bonus said:

Now, just to put this into perspective, soon after that traffic circle was built right in front of the SAPS fortress, a whole forest of Dagga sprouted there. Yes, in the middle of the traffic island, and the cops never saw a thing until it was about head high and made it into the newspapers with a cool picture of the dagga and the SAPS in the background. They have not improved since then. 

Edit: I'm not crusading agains dagga, just mentioning it to demonstrate how blind the SAPS is.

Edit again: Found it, ha ha, NOTHING ever disappears on the web

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/dagga-growing-under-noses-of-police-301492

Edited by DJR

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Now, just to put this into perspective, soon after that traffic circle was built right in front of the SAPS fortress, a whole forest of Dagga sprouted there. Yes, in the middle of the traffic island, and the cops never saw a thing until it was about head high and made it into the newspapers with a cool picture of the dagga and the SAPS in the background. They have not improved since then. 

Edit: I'm not crusading agains dagga, just mentioning it to demenstrate how blind the SAPS is.

Edit again: Found it, ha ha, NOTHING ever disappears on the web

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/dagga-growing-under-noses-of-police-301492

And the thought never crossed your mind that it might have been their crop growing there...... 

23 hours ago, DJR said:

....... They have not improved since then. 

Set the bar low and then maintain it hey? 🙂

On 12/28/2023 at 12:08 PM, Bonus said:

Some good news to this story.

The bike was recovered yesterday by SAPS and a suspect arrested. From what I understand it's not the actual perp but a middle man/trader. I made contact with the cyclist involved and she in turn got hold of SAPS.