Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Ji ou maat, dit raak nou erg...wat de hel gaan aan met die mense :cursing:

Gewonder of die skelms nie ook 'n ou track op Strava nie...ou moet maar seker maak jou privacy settings is reg opgestel <_<

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gewonder of die skelms nie ook 'n ou track op Strava nie...ou moet maar seker maak jou privacy settings is reg opgestel <_<

Kan mens nie iemand soos Ollie le Roux kry om daar te gaan fiets ry nie. Sal will sien hoe hulle hom "Shoulder charge" op n afrdaande.

Nie te min dit maak n ou die moer in.

Something like this  :whistling:

attachicon.gif2017-01-09_083818.gif

yo yo yo

last year there was a site in Stellies that I used to have site meetings in the late afternoon ... would go ride at G-Spot after the meetings as it was right there....one afternoon I was driving past Kyamandi and spotted a mountain biker pushing his bike ... stopped and gave him a lift home, from the map you posted it looks to be a few streets away from you ... was a swiss chap studying political science.

I never go towards the Kayamandi side from the Welgevonden traffic light. Either I go straight ahead like on Die Burger MTB and then down Devon Valley side, or I head towards the N1.

"SANParks communications manager for the Western Cape region Merle Collins explained that the Table Mountain Visitor Safety Unit was stationed on the mountain and comprised 100 rangers, 60 unit members and 12 dogs. She said the unit worked in conjunction with police, the department of community safety, the City of Cape Town, Metro police and civil society groups to enforce the law and ensure people’s safety."

Ok, I got new spectacles in July 2016 but tend not to ride with them because it is not necessary for cycling, only for reading. Clearly I need to wear my specs all the time because I'm missing some stuff

Good point! Updating mine now.

"SANParks communications manager for the Western Cape region Merle Collins explained that the Table Mountain Visitor Safety Unit was stationed on the mountain and comprised 100 rangers, 60 unit members and 12 dogs. She said the unit worked in conjunction with police, the department of community safety, the City of Cape Town, Metro police and civil society groups to enforce the law and ensure people’s safety."

Ok, I got new spectacles in July 2016 but tend not to ride with them because it is not necessary for cycling, only for reading. Clearly I need to wear my specs all the time because I'm missing some stuff

Let's just assume it's cos of the camo they're wearing.  :ph34r:

Think you giving the bugger waaay too much credit.  I think it is a simple observation as to which are the popular routes used by cyclists. The steal the next bike comming by, there is a market for it somewhere.

Think you giving the bugger waaay too much credit.  I think it is a simple observation as to which are the popular routes used by cyclists. The steal the next bike comming by, there is a market for it somewhere.

Its not about giving anyone any credit, but rather a case of "rather be safe than sorry" :thumbup:

With the rate that these crimes are occuring one can never be too pro-active...you neva know what these buggers are upto ^_^  

I imagine that this is for the whole of Table Mountain Area past tokai, and all ... wonder if it includes cape point, etc ....

We walked up and down platteklip gorge yesterday evening. We didnt see a ranger for the entire time we were there. Not even driving on tafelberg road.