Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

No incidents on KK itself ,but after hours house breakin attempts from KK side .The active criminal group were all arrested and now the access is sort of controlled .I ride there often and so do a lot of other cyclists and runners .Contact Rob on WA 0825756708 and ask to be added to the klapperkop NR safety groupĀ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bikejacking at Rosemary Hill ..... for those that donā€™t understand Afrikaans ....... forwarded from a friend.

Ā 

Slegte ding het vandag gebeur. Het gewag tot ek eers kalmer is voor ek iets laat weet. Ek was ge-bikejack by Rosemary Hill vanoggend. Ou het ewe skielik agter 'n bos uit gespring en agter my aangehardloop. Ek het woes erg geskree en binne minder as 'n minuut was die fietsryer wat net agter my was by my en na dit nog 3 ander en het hulle met my terug gestap. Ongelukkig was die dief toe klaar weg met my fiets. Ek get niks oorgekom nie, behalwe vir groot skok en nou intense hartseer oor my fiets wat weg is. Skat dit kon veel erger gewees het, maar ek het basies my fiets net weggegee. Natuurlik was ek, in die 7 jaar vandat die plek bestaan, die eerste insident. Hulle het oral rondgery en gaan soek na my fiets en daar was selfs 'n helikopter in die lug, maar ek is bevrees hy is weg. Het ook 'n saak by polisie gaan oopmaak, vir wat dit werd is, maar al is dit dan net vir die stats is dit seker die moeite werd. Dit was nog altyd die heel veiligste plek waar 'n mens kon gaan draf of stap of fietsry. Nou weet ek nie wat bly oor nie.

A Guy i follow on my Strava was robbed of his bike this morning. By Amberfield I think it's in centurion? Not sure.

Ā 

Just putting out an Alert to those who are familiar with the area. DON'T CYCLE ALONE THERE EVER AGAIN.

Ā 

The pic shows where this happened.22fa8ddfe549085c642f6c2e8d8f7858.jpg

A Guy i follow on my Strava was robbed of his bike this morning. By Amberfield I think it's in centurion? Not sure.

Ā 

Just putting out an Alert to those who are familiar with the area. DON'T CYCLE ALONE THERE EVER AGAIN.

Ā 

The pic shows where this happened.22fa8ddfe549085c642f6c2e8d8f7858.jpg

there was a attempted bike jacking on Eeufees yesterday morning

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Me and my partner got attacked this morning on top of Eeufees Road at 5AM. On the bridge just passed the Voortrekker Monument Robot. He got pushed of the bike whilst riding next to me. Took his bike and cell phone and ran into bushes! Be careful in that area!Ā Ā 

Me and my partner got attacked this morning on top of Eeufees Road at 5AM. On the bridge just passed the Voortrekker Monument Robot. He got pushed of the bike whilst riding next to me. Took his bike and cell phone and ran into bushes! Be careful in that area!

Please provide more info, m.o. etc.

Please provide more info, m.o. etc.

We were riding next to each other and just passed the robot in front of Voortrekker monument up to the top to turn left at HeartFelt Arena. A bus was stationary next to the road. We passed the bus and saw a man walking in the middle of the road towards the bus and we assumed he was the bus driver. As we passed him, he pushed my friend of his bike. By the time I was able to stop, unclip and turn around I saw the guy grabbing bike from fallen partner and started running and jumping over rails next to road into bushes. Partner made unfortunate error to go after bike just to realise the guy who stole the bike had a partner hiding in bushes next to road. They both attacked him and then took his cellphone. I went into bushes (yes not a good idea) and saw the guys running with bike towards Old Jhb road. It was safer to call it quits and return to Eeufees where we called for help with my cellphone. .Ā 

Edited by pedal menace

We were riding next to each other and just passed the robot in front of Voortrekker monument up to the top to turn left at HeartFelt Arena. A bus was stationary next to the road. We passed the bus and saw a man walking in the middle of the road towards the bus and we assumed he was the bus driver. As we passed him, he pushed my friend of his bike. By the time I was able to stop, unclip and turn around I saw the guy grabbing bike from fallen partner and started running and jumping over rails next to road into bushes. Partner made unfortunate error to go after bike just to realise the guy who stole the bike had a partner hiding in bushes next to road. They both attacked him and then took his cellphone. I went into bushes (yes not a good idea) and saw the guys running with bike towards Old Jhb road. It was safer to call it quits and return to Eeufees where we called for help with my cellphone. .

Thanks for the clarification PM, and I'm sorry for your and your mate's experience.

Ā 

Don't often ride that side, but it makes one angry to know that this is happening.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Ā 

www.cyclesafe.co.za

Ā 

This product is the birth child of exactly what this forum chats about. We face the reality that we may be mugged while out riding. Unfortunately the pepper spray in my back pocket wasn't accessible to me at the time I needed it. That is where this product came from.Ā 

Would love to know what you all think.Ā 

Edited by Wokshots

Hi All,

Ā 

www.cyclesafe.co.za

Ā 

This product is the birth child of exactly what this forum chats about. We face the reality that we may be mugged while out riding. Unfortunately the pepper spray in my back pocket wasn't accessible to me at the time I needed it. That is where this product came from.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How secure is the mount on mtb trails etc, the pepper spray won't go flying on a technical downhill?

Ā 

Edit: Language.

Edited by Roul

• 8 months later...

Swat Ops company has elastic strap to clip pepperspreys on and fit on arm or ankle.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi All,

Ā 

www.cyclesafe.co.za

Ā 

• 4 months later...

Attempted attack on a friend of mine yesterday in Pretoria near Voortrekker monument.Ā  Thugs tried to knock him off his bike but he is luckily a tall guy so the failed in knocking him over and he could ride out to safety.

Ā 

post-71-0-43857000-1594062297_thumb.jpg