Rip-Off - Cajees Cycle Corner

knobblyman

i just bought a 10 speed campy cassette and chain for R1 100 from Total Cycling. had it delivered to a friend's house in the UK. he will deliver it tomorrow when he arrives on holiday. i reckon a saved about R500.

Unless if he takes the green line at customs, they stop him, do a search and confiscate your goodies..... then you would have lost R1 100!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless if he takes the green line at customs, they stop him, do a search and confiscate your goodies..... then you would have lost R1 100!!!!!!!

And a person who cheats SARS like that will probably go on to commit speeding and red light offences

Bought a SRAM 971 chain yesterday for R250. Not a bad price I thought, but its always luck of the draw! Marked price was R295 and I bleated a little and got it down! Shop down the road wanted R2.80 a link! There are around 107 links on my chain = R299.60, and then another R40 odd for the power link.

I think Buycycle had the chains for around R170 and then another R70 or so for shipping but I wanted my chain now and I was heading out to Kdump anyway so it was not out of my way.

R70 for a tube..........damn expensive, but how were you ripped off? Were you forced to buy it? That is the beauty of a capatalist society. It give the seller the right to charge what he wants and the buy the right to choose whether to buy or not.

Don't be cross with them, be cross with yourself for paying the price.

Yes, it was only in the appliance section. I was there a few days before the 94.7 and was business as usual. They still didn't have the new ceiling in then.

Oh cool need to go take a look then.

R70 for a tube..........damn expensive, but how were you ripped off? Were you forced to buy it? That is the beauty of a capatalist society. It give the seller the right to charge what he wants and the buy the right to choose whether to buy or not.

Don't be cross with them, be cross with yourself for paying the price.

Hmm, has anybody noticed the OP's post is more than 12 months old.?

70 bucks is pricy but 12 months ago maybe all tubes were more expensive, I dont know, I cant remember, but it just seems like we are comparing apples and pears, that was then, this is now, maybe their prices are more in line now.?

I can't believe that those two shops are supported in the way they are, do they actually contribute anything to cycling?

I bought a Giro XEN 2008 model from Cajees for R900.00, what a bargain! I looked at FPC and they wanted R2200.00.........

I bought Shimano shoes from Cajees. R1400. Six month;s later I needed a second pair for spinning and I bought them off Chainreaction. R400 after import. My friend got a Scott Spark 10 from them. It came with a cheapass plastic seat on a top of the range expensive bike. When he investigated the bike was specced with a top of the range Fizik. When he asked them whats up they shelled over the Fizik. My other friend had a bike serviced there. He claims they only washed it.

All I can say is: RUN!!!!

I personally think that you need to be aware. Cajees, as with any business are in business to make a profit. Sure they may be expensive, but the are always negotiable. I knocked 50% off the price of a carbon frame there recently.

As i said, be aware. Know what you want, and what it should cost.

• 7 years later...

MTB tubes from Makro are very bad quality (Fluid and Raleigh) Some of them are already leaking from new.

DSI tubes from Cagees Last for years. You can get Presta Removable Valve Tubes for +- R65 and put in your own sealant. If you Barter with them you can Get Top Quality MTB Tyres for much less than Other LBS and they usually Got Fresh Stock.

Some Stuff like Jerseys, Tools etc is cheaper elsewhere. Shopping by phone usually works to get a good price @ Cagees because they want you to come to the shop once they give you a price on the phone they will stick by it.

MTB tubes from Makro are very bad quality (Fluid and Raleigh) Some of them are already leaking from new.

DSI tubes from Cagees Last for years. You can get Presta Removable Valve Tubes for +- R65 and put in your own sealant. If you Barter with them you can Get Top Quality MTB Tyres for much less than Other LBS and they usually Got Fresh Stock.

Some Stuff like Jerseys, Tools etc is cheaper elsewhere. Shopping by phone usually works to get a good price @ Cagees because they want you to come to the shop once they give you a price on the phone they will stick by it.

Reviving a 7year old thread?

That might just be a new record Batman.

Conti supersonic 45mm valve R185

Kenda super light latex 45mm R140

Lol 7 years later when this thread is revived these tubes will be R350 each

Edited by Malpiet