The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

Just found this thread...it has made my day. My hubs and I are responsible for the 10km event of our local bike race, and I marshal a small bridge before a steep climb home. I love the way the kids come past with Chariots of Fire blazing in their heads giving it their all! Funniest is mom or dad breathless tagging on behind!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shamus, what bike is that on the right? I like the fork!

No clue , I couldn't keep up

And afterwards, I was too out if breath to chat

Kids put in me in the hurt locker

????

Shamus, what bike is that on the right? I like the fork!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

No clue , I couldn't keep up

And afterwards, I was too out if breath to chat

Kids put in me in the hurt locker

It's a 'Dale Street with Lefty rigid.

I think a 29er rigid Lefty would be really cool on my Ritchey.

http://twentynineinches.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/img0227r.jpg

That first ride of our kids without the side wheels is a magic moment in any parent's life.

My Son turned 5 in Feb and we tried last year for a bit but it didn't workout and the side wheels stayed on.

Two weeks ago, we just took off his wheels, had 4 sessions on the lawn, two on the driveway and yesterday we went for a 3.5km ride....

It was an amazing experience and a moment we both will treasure and I am so proud of him. Soon we will hit Big Red Barn or Groenkloof...good times ahead!!

I've really been struggling with my boy (2yrs and 8 months) . He simply refuses to ride since I made him wear his helmet. If we go to cycle lab, he will ride those strider bikes for a hour in the store, but won't even look at his strider at home. I know I am doing the right thing with the helmet, but it's really tough that the little guy won't ride because of it.

Edited by DomP

I've really been struggling with my boy (2yrs and 8 months) . He simply refuses to ride since I made him wear his Helmut. If we go to cycle lab, he will ride those strider bikes for a hour in the store, but won't even look at his strider at home. I know I am doing the right thing with the Helmut, but it's really tough that the little guy won't ride because of it.

Could it be the little fellow objects to the spelling: Helmut vs helmet?

Or are you just ensuring he is conversant with German first names?

Could it be the little fellow objects to the spelling: Helmut vs helmet?

Or are you just ensuring he is conversant with German first names?

Perhaps a bit of both!

• 2 weeks later...

Got this on Monday and been riding around the suburb every night , where are good places to ride close to sunninghill?

post-40927-0-94123000-1400243607_thumb.jpg

I've really been struggling with my boy (2yrs and 8 months) . He simply refuses to ride since I made him wear his helmet. If we go to cycle lab, he will ride those strider bikes for a hour in the store, but won't even look at his strider at home. I know I am doing the right thing with the helmet, but it's really tough that the little guy won't ride because of it.

We struggled with my son to get him to wear hats (when he was younger) and then helmets. Now at 5, we have no issues.

Try get your son used to the helmet in and around the house. Play games (like letting him head butt you).