• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout?

Weeks ago I promised Stella I would take her for a walk as soon as it was allowed - so, I had to keep my promise and did not start my return to cycling today - that will have to wait for tomorrow! Several cyclists were doing repeats  up & down the hill. Found the UCT jumps totally empty, students all gone home, jumpers are not early risers, nobody wants to break collar bones right now?

post-17716-0-46557800-1588320126_thumb.jpg

Here’s an odd fallout we’re seeing here - with so many people now walk-in their dogs and so few picking up after them we now have a situation where there is ample dog turd on all main walking routes. Some just left where it is, some picked up in bags and tossed into the bushes.

It’s really quite sad to see in some places and people’s attitudes towards cleaning up after their dogs is quite disappointing.

Club ride on Zwift today. This was pre-planned before the lockdown exercising was announced, and was good to see 7 committed to the ride despite the opportunity to ride outside. To be fair, 3 were new to Zwift and had problems joining the ride, so it would have been 10.

I might go ride tomorrow... or run.

1cded41ec72ac066b14d72438d9b9190.jpg

Here’s an odd fallout we’re seeing here - with so many people now walk-in their dogs and so few picking up after them we now have a situation where there is ample dog turd on all main walking routes. Some just left where it is, some picked up in bags and tossed into the bushes.

It’s really quite sad to see in some places and people’s attitudes towards cleaning up after their dogs is quite disappointing.

Does that include the greenbelt?

However i suppose that would be like peak hour with dogs and humans and plenty of doggy landmines that some owners seem to be allergic to picking up.

Its a major problem. A couple of weeks before lockdown, we did the shipwreck hiking route, my word, the amount of dog poo we encountered on various paths is ludicrous. One path was so covered, there was barely any space to walk.