• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Another ride split over two bikes, not out of choice but rather a possible failed free hub on the MTB. Thought that the cassette lock nut might be loose, but no, the lock nut and cassette were one; everything rocks from side to side - by about 3mm.

After 20Km, climb into the back up car, and get a lift home. Grab lock nut spanner and see the problem.

Ritchey was washed yesterday, so grabbed the plastic bike off the trainer, “pomped the tjoops” to 6.5bar and rode back to meet the crowd at coffee.

By then, the rain was gone and the roads drying out... 20.2Km followed by another 50.8Km, and another weekly goal distance met.

e2ee95b3ca54cedbae7cf2d763d13f4f.jpg

Edit:

1x free hub that is now FUBAR.

The joys of buying second hand and not going through everything with a fine tooth comb.

6864c90573391f688a1d5c969c75a877.jpg

Edited by Frosty

The Swartberg Pass. Never get tired of riding this place. Slept on the mountain. It was windy

There are a couple of places where you can hide from the elements by camping inside the old ruins, but you have to know where they are and not be superstitious because according to legend some are haunted by the prisoners who died while building the road.

Personally, I am not superstitious...............but one one particular full moon night, with the wind making all kind of strange noises and blowing clouds past the moon to make strange shadows.........I didn't sleep much. :blush:

After sleeping on a well disguised thorn bush this is what I woke up to.

Next time pop in at the Tourism office in Montagu.  They even rent out cycles, so are truly passionate about the trails in the area.  Enough to keep you going for a good few days .....