• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an extremely poorly written article and I would agree calling that stupid, but I disagree with calling her stupid.

The situation around gender is much more complex and anyone willing to talk openly about it is a step forward and certainly better that keeping it hidden and suppressed. That has led to so much ignorance and misunderstanding. Whether people agree with her approach or not is less important than to respect her for speaking up about it. What is best for the child? None of us can say without much more information, information that she is way more likely to have than outsiders!

Personally, I think she did a great acting job in a couple of movies, but beyond that I'm not a great fan of hers.  

It is an extremely poorly written article and I would agree calling that stupid, but I disagree with calling her stupid.

The situation around gender is much more complex and anyone willing to talk openly about it is a step forward and certainly better that keeping it hidden and suppressed. That has led to so much ignorance and misunderstanding. Whether people agree with her approach or not is less important than to respect her for speaking up about it. What is best for the child? None of us can say without much more information, information that she is way more likely to have than outsiders!

Personally, I think she did a great acting job in a couple of movies, but beyond that I'm not a great fan of hers.

A 3 year old has no grasp of the concept of male vs female. The current humanistic worldview and political correctness is raising a generation that will be completely lost in themselves.

A 3 year old has no grasp of the concept of male vs female. The current humanistic worldview and political correctness is raising a generation that will be completely lost in themselves.

One might argue that you have absolutely no concept of what it is like being born in body that you clearly weren't meant to be born in.

Taking what a 3 year old says as golden is not necessarily the right way to go about it... But it should not be something you outright dismiss just because the kids is 3. I have listened to enough stories on the moth podcast by transgender folk to know that they have a concept of their gender at a very early age

Gender dysphoria is real and the choices parents face in these situations are many times heartbreaking. From sex changes at very young ages to hormone suppressive treatment before puberty.

And the alternative is your child's mental health (depression and suicide are real risks). These parents are faced with being damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Walk a step or two in their shoes and give empathy. Every parent wants the best possible lives for their kids.

But let's keep this fred awesome.