I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Trying to hard to be this.

http://cars-volkswagen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/5/volkswagen-kombi-bus_56.jpg

How are they not just rolling out this again (with a little update)?!

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to hard to be this.

http://cars-volkswagen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/5/volkswagen-kombi-bus_56.jpg

My brother is busy restoring one of these. Spent a whole Saturday sanding the large body parts, had the small bits sandblasted. Then got one of the farm-workers (Andries is an extremely competent guy) to spray paint the base layer. Well after a mix-up, one of the other workers convinced Andries that he must use a different paint, which turned out to be the stuff they use to mark their mass crates in which they pick citrus... Splitty turned out SIGNAL RED. Wrong colour of non-metal paint. Have to re-do.

Now, if you know the 4 characters involved (Andries, the other farm worker (Jan), my boet & dad) this is roll-on-the-floor-sh*t-your-pants-funny stuff. My boet says the worst part is telling Andries that the job he was so proud of was all for nothing...

That red is RED. (Will try to load a pic - struggling to do on pc, don't know why.)

post-33762-0-13361700-1439876115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patensie

My brother is busy restoring one of these. Spent a whole Saturday sanding the large body parts, had the small bits sandblasted. Then got one of the farm-workers (Andries is an extremely competent guy) to spray paint the base layer. Well after a mix-up, one of the other workers convinced Andries that he must use a different paint, which turned out to be the stuff they use to mark their mass crates in which they pick citrus... Splitty turned out SIGNAL RED. Wrong colour of non-metal paint. Have to re-do.

Now, if you know the 4 characters involved (Andries, the other farm worker (Jan), my boet & dad) this is roll-on-the-floor-sh*t-your-pants-funny stuff. My boet says the worst part is telling Andries that the job he was so proud of was all for nothing...

That red is RED. (Will try to load a pic - struggling to do on pc, don't know why.)

Want!!!

That red is the Beez-Neez!!!

And its a splittie! Hot damn! Good luck to your boet that thing is going to be awesome! 

*and worth a small fortune! ha! 

or

6032815118_7ea5c6de8a_b.jpg

6116882635_9487db4c9b_b.jpg

http://blog.bbt4vw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DSC07556_blog.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzEyWDgwMA==/z/yw0AAOSw1ZBUtyea/$_75.JPG

http://www.pembrokeshireclassiccampers.co.uk/userimages/vw-camper-original.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae180/danvw799/Van/DSC_0028_zpsxebwtyvb.jpg

http://www.vintagebus.com/gallery/section/image/2101909.JPG

Good thing they could laugh about it!  :thumbup:

Looking awesome!

image1_small2.jpg