• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

It boils down to the attitude of the drivers.  You would be surprised how narrow many of the country roads are here in my valley.  There is hardly space for two cars.  Even when two cars approached they have to slow down a bit and maybe a tyre must go slightly off the side of the road.  Let alone pass cyclists.  But normally they wait untill it is save to pass.  Yesterday on my commute home I was cycling on a narrow road and a youngster was approaching from the opposite direction and in my opinion way too fast.  I just shouted "slower" and he immediately hit the brakes and slowed down.

That is a blueprint for life - the attitude of people!

Same here in Denmark - because pretty much every driver is also a cyclist there is a really good appreciation of cyclists.

One weird thing I find in SA is that most drivers seem to be on autopilot (or on their phone). Over here drivers are aware and in the moment.

Cycling heaven!

Now if only we could import some mountains and some single track!!!!!

That is a blueprint for life - the attitude of people!

Same here in Denmark - because pretty much every driver is also a cyclist there is a really good appreciation of cyclists.

One weird thing I find in SA is that most drivers seem to be on autopilot (or on their phone). Over here drivers are aware and in the moment.

Cycling heaven!

Now if only we could import some mountains and some single track!!!!!

Just wait for the snow to melt  :ph34r:

Personally I think drivers should be taught to SLOW DOWN to nearly the speed of the cyclist they plan to overtake on all narrow roads, and only THEN to overtake. What kills cyclist is the difference in speed between the car and the rider.

Between this and the Ellsworth XC bike post, I’m not sure which is going to win this weeks WTF Award!

Kyk ne, daai ellsWorth is nie lekker om na te kyk nie, maar daai perd is so lelik selfs 'n blinde bergie sal hom jammer kry. Edited by PhilipV

Between this and the Ellsworth XC bike post, I’m not sure which is going to win this weeks WTF Award!

Having now seen both;

a) I sincerely wish I hadn't

b) my vote is with the plastic surgery experiment