Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Moenie tot dan wag nie. Make it happen.

everyone says that. 

I understand that one must look out for himself, but how do you make it happen???? 

Moenie tot dan wag nie. Make it happen.

Agreed! 

My boys and I once joined Kingsley Holgate when he started his trip around the outline of Africa. I wanted the boys to understand that adventure is within our reach. The start was at Cape Point and it was an attempt at a new world record for the biggest number of Landrovers in convoy. Yes, it was successful, but what I took from that day was something Kingsley told a reporter.

He was asked why HE gets to do all this amazing stuff while the rest of us just talk and say things like "one day when" and "I really want to", "when I can afford it"! His answer was simple: 

He said that he takes his diary and he WRITES it in there! Then it is a TARGET and he starts to WORK towards making everything else fall into place.

I have since found that it WORKS for me. Decide on WHEN it is realistic to do, make it a firm DATE, then WORK towards that, save the money, remove the obstacles, get others (wife) on board, and it WILL HAPPEN!

Edit: Works for bike races, trips into Africa, trips around the world!

Edited by DJR

^^^^^this, one day when I'm groot.

everyone says that. 

I understand that one must look out for himself, but how do you make it happen???? 

How do you make it happen?

You make it a priority. If you can find time in a busy schedule to cycle, you make time to make things happen. And you make it a priority. And then you make the sacrifices to get the priority.

Do you really want to be on a raft in clear blue water with your chalet just up the wave ?

https://barefootbreaks.co.za/destinations/maldives/?gclid=CjwKCAjwt7PcBRBbEiwAfwfVGFQeyRVhSjoauYYDNAkLvqqvC5C7-DCiQtiwBXkg1SPJtdHJfd1mfBoChcoQAvD_BwE

You are in for about R70k for you and the Mrs. Give or take a bit of odd maths, that is R5k a month for a year and you are on it. But do you really want it ? Are you prepared to do what it takes? Or be patient to get what it takes?

But where's his safety gear!!??

No eye protection, steel cap boots, safety vest, men at work sign and Heath and Safety sign pegged to the wall where everyone can see it...?!

And a smokers cough to fit a king... ;-)

everyone says that.

Set date. Commit to date.

Start saving

Start doing research

Look out for specials and deals.

Jump on a deal as and when it becomes available.

A mate of mine spent 5days at a resort in Thailand for less than 10k pp including flights. It can be done.

Edited by PhilipV

i can only imagine the size of that oil slick 

I have a picture taken from Chappies, looking back, with the tail end of the convoy still snaking down Slangkop behind Kommetjie. Yes, it must have been of epic proportions, close to the BP Deepwater Horizon one.  :D  ;)