• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Men repairing storm damage to Graf Zeppelin while flying over the Atlantic, 1934

attachicon.gifIMG_7943.JPG

Makes you wonder when was the first time a photo was taken? I mean the quality isn't half bad then already. Some people take worse photos than that with new stuff.

Makes you wonder when was the first time a photo was taken? I mean the quality isn't half bad then already. Some people take worse photos than that with new stuff.

Think around the 1830's, but was a major production with large fixed cameras, silver nitrate glass plates and loooong exposures.  Long time before we got to small portable cameras and celluloid film.

you mean when a photographer was a professional, and not just a person who bought a high res digital camera :P

Think around the 1830's, but was a major production with large fixed cameras, silver nitrate glass plates and loooong exposures.  Long time before we got to small portable cameras and celluloid film.

Over a century earlier

http://mymodernmet.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Daguerreotype-Daguerre-Atelier-1837.jpg

Thanks, very interesting read.

Off topic, How do you do that thing where you name the link something and it goes blue? Instead of just posting the full link.

Thanks, very interesting read.

Off topic, How do you do that thing where you name the link something and it goes blue? Instead of just posting the full link.

select the word/Words you want to use as a link. hit the link icon.. copy in Url and press ok

Good ol' days when the cops drove 3.0 Ghias

50177564_10219281004404932_8208937118437

I call fake, photoshop.

There is still vegetation and not ash.