Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Lightroom and many other Adobe programs are optimised for clock speed and not multi-core, get the highest CPU speed possible, 32gb of Ram and min 512gb ssd

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations on service providers for servicing Nikon cameras/flashes in Jhb? The official guys in Midrand or someone else.

All about timing!

There's so much that stands out in this pic. The large swell that brought about a temporary surf spot on the harbour wall and the rainbow that illuminates it. The evident stoke of the surfer running up the pier anticipating some epic surf. And finally the realization that the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is in fact Chapmans Peak Drive.

Indeed, it is all about timing. Very good pic. Nice.

There's so much that stands out in this pic. The large swell that brought about a temporary surf spot on the harbour wall and the rainbow that illuminates it. The evident stoke of the surfer running up the pier anticipating some epic surf. And finally the realization that the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is in fact Chapmans Peak Drive.

Indeed, it is all about timing. Very good pic. Nice.

Thanks.....Frantic scramble as the rain had just passed over and lens needed cleaning!

Just before the rain hit.......

post-35907-0-46144100-1594708888_thumb.png

Edited by capediver

All about timing!

Great capture. Just try and straighten your photos so the horizon is level. 

Great capture. Just try and straighten your photos so the horizon is level. 

Ha, I knew someone out there would comment on that, I generally don't like to crop/rotate pics unless it real bad, it removes that edging effect...

Ha, I knew someone out there would comment on that, I generally don't like to crop/rotate pics unless it real bad, it removes that edging effect...

when I still did fashion/runway photography, every single one of my pics would be 1deg skew, not matter how hard I tried.

Eventually just created an action in post that would rotate the entire batch by 1deg.

It's distracting. That's all. 

Missing Link trail?

If you haven't been there, you really should give it a go. For a first time, go late afternoon, but give yourself enough time to do the 6km out and 6 km back before dark. What you want is a great weather day to enjoy the sunset at its best. The views are just spectacular, no matter which direction you look and the trail is technical enough to make it fun. You can't really ride and look at the view though, so every time you feel tired, just shout "wow" and stop, your mates won't realize and assume you are taking more pictures. ;)

Thanks.....Frantic scramble as the rain had just passed over and lens needed cleaning!

Just before the rain hit.......

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-07-13 at 19.31.13.png

This second shot perfectly captures the moment. And the perspective would be lost had the horizon been straight. Somehow the background of Chappies straightens it out and makes it work. It also has a pleasing line with the pier stretching away from the viewer, kind of leading the eye to the surfer about to take the plunge. I love these two shots. Well done.