StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow like Pogacars

I love the Sarroni red and saw one brilliantly done by Jared of BMC

I’m a fan of CBR I’m Durbanville who’ve done great work for me but have on done a tricky touch up one one Colnago

Edited by Waynemol

My Master Piu restoration project is changing a little - it is not going to be original.

My 3 year old daughter had her second heart surgery on Thursday, a bypass which did not go well she is fighting for her life in ICU only to have to go back in for another bypass in a couple of days, as soon as she is strong enough.

This bike will be painted for her.

I haven't decided who to work with yet as I am still waiting on the original round of quotes and haven't had time to discuss this with the artists, but I still want to base it off the below paint which I had asked for quotes on.

The red is the right colour but instead of the diamonds fading to silver on the down tube I want hearts. Opposite Ernesto's signature I want "Little Brave" and instead of the head badge I want a stencilled heart - something for Mackenzie.

Lastly, like the grand tour champion she is. I want the commemoration of every heart surgery that she has beaten.

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

post-50555-0-64337100-1600668157_thumb.jpg

Excuse the ever so slight off topic.

What other ideas do you have for this project?

Edited by Nakoota

My Master Piu restoration project is changing a little - it is not going to be original.

My 3 year old daughter had her second heart surgery on Thursday, a bypass which did not go well she is fighting for her life in ICU only to have to go back in for another bypass in a couple of days, as soon as she is strong enough.

I haven't decided who to work with yet as I am still waiting on the original round of quotes and haven't had time to discuss this with the artists, but I still want to base it off the below paint which I had asked for quotes on.

The red is the right colour but instead of the diamonds fading to silver on the down tube I want hearts. Opposite Ernesto's signature I want "Little Brave" and instead of the head badge I want a stencilled heart - something for Mackenzie.

Lastly, like the grand tour champion she is. I want the commemoration of every heart surgery that she has beaten.

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

attachicon.gifColnago_Master_-1024x682.jpg

Ah man I hope the next op goes well and just like the Colnago brand she gets stronger and becomes one of the greatest brands around.

Not any where near as severe as your situation but one of our twins was born with a hole in his heart. The paed was very worried. We went to go see Dr Goven-dragaloo at Morningside and he did all the fancy scans. He confirmed the hole but said all the signs showed he would probably either grow out of it or it would become so small that it would only affect him if he wanted to fly or dive. We went back in March this year and the hole had closed. We were lucky, I hope you will also be lucky. Thinking about you and the family, Stay strong.

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

This brought a tear to my eye, I wish you all the very best and please keep us updated.

Thoughts and prayers.

Edited by quintonb

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

Sorry to here about your little girl.You and the family are in my thoughts.

Sounds like the frame will be a special a special project.

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

Strength to your and the family . Your baby is in our prayers 

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

Sorry to hear about your daughter.What defect was she born with out of interest.Thinking if you guys.Kids are far stronger than their parents.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.What defect was she born with out of interest.Thinking if you guys.Kids are far stronger than their parents.

She has a large VSD and DORV. Also had a PDA and a small ASD at birth. PDA was fixed when they banded the Pulmonary Artery on the first op and I think the ASD was small enough to close itself.

This op was to fix the VSD and tunnel the Aorta to the right place but she now also needs a pulmonary valve replacement and a blockage in the tunnel to be fixed.

Aaaaw man what a little fighter.

Sorry to hear about this mate but just know everything is gonna be ok, cant wait to see your restoration - its gonna be stunning.

Something for Mackenzie.

22/02/2017

17/09/2020

TBA - In the next week

She has a large VSD and DORV. Also had a PDA and a small ASD at birth. PDA was fixed when they banded the Pulmonary Artery on the first op and I think the ASD was small enough to close itself.

This op was to fix the VSD and tunnel the Aorta to the right place but she now also needs a pulmonary valve replacement and a blockage in the tunnel to be fixed.

Sounds like she’s had a intraventricular repair and not gone the single ventricle route.

Strongs to you and your wife.Once again these kids are incredibly tough.

Anyone else finding it interesting that people in the classifieds seem to think COVID-19 turned their Colnago's into gold?

Some of he asking prices are insane.

I hate to see her go, but I'm selling my C64 in the Classifieds. I'm negotiable on the price and think that the complete bike with Super Record 12 speed and Campag Bora Ultra 35 wheels is fairly priced. I'm also happy to split up and asking the following for each:

- C64 56S framset including Colnago bars and stem = R48k

- Campag Super Record 12 speed mechanical groupset = R30k

- Campag Bora Ultra 35 wheels with Conti GP5000 25mm fitted = R20k

Bike was not used much so everything is in great condition. Happy to take any comments / suggestions / leads.

Thanks.

post-7899-0-30841700-1601363577_thumb.jpeg