Coffee machine

I have one. Try and get one with the bigger shower screen/brewhead (not for pods). They're better. But not sure if they came to SA. I've converted mine over. Pic of it on pg190 of this thread.

I get my spares from http://www.bluestarcoffee.eu/

They're normally cheaper than ascaso.

I went and looked at the one I'm interested in, turns out it's the version with the pod head, I'm assuming it will be stupid expensive to convert the brew head to portafilter style or whatever the machine will use for grounds?

What pods do they use though, never seen anything like that?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

84629738852aacc7ca8707416b98a903.jpg

Makes a passable cup of coffee ;)

Still need to play around with it, but it makes a great cappuccino with default everything. Only grabbed some Illy beans ad that's the best I could find.

So far, I'd say it's a better cup than what you'd find at your average coffee shop. The fancier coffee shops might have it pipped.

My Jura's coffee works best with grinder at 70% to 80% to the fine side. Its espressos were low on flavour for coarser grinds.

do any of you guys have the barista type machines at work ?

possibly know of a company that rents them out at a fair price ?

business venture number 2.5....

I see the issue here being that everyone that wants a coffee needs to know how to operate it properly. Easy when you know how, but not everyone wants to learn. heck, even push-button ones get used wrong. from my experience at least

I see the issue here being that everyone that wants a coffee needs to know how to operate it properly. Easy when you know how, but not everyone wants to learn. heck, even push-button ones get used wrong. from my experience at least

But the 2 - 3 coffee addicts in the office soon know how to handle the exceptions, so as long as they know how to work the machine, everybody is happy, and as long as they are not on leave all at the same time, the machine wont break and everyone else should be able to get their coffee too.

we are actually after putting in a barista.

staff and clients get free coffee but as the facility is outside, other people in the complex can buy coffee

We had a barista machine at work. Some idiot removed the portafilter while it was pressurised and blew steaming coffee over the whole canteen and his arm. We are using a kettle again.

I have a 2 group Linea at work - no idea on a company that rents them out - give me a ring