Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I'm rather pleased with what we just picked up.  After looking around for a while, on Saturday went out with my wife and kids to get her a bike for her birthday.  We were looking at 2nd hand so drove around to a few sellers and checked out a lovely Titan Elite, a Momsen Race Tech (too big) and then headed to bike bay.  They had a few bikes which she tried out.  Giant Talon, BMC SportElite and finally a Silverback Slade 2.  The last one was one of the few XS frames and she enjoyed the fit.  I was chuffed because this bike came with XT rear derailleur and a SR Suntour Raidon 100mm travel fork, 650B wheels (which I think is ideal on an XS frame) and was a good deal.  Ended up paying R5500 for it and now that I've had a few days to check it out fully, I am even happier.  Great bike and I am sure she's gonna have a blast on it.  

post-4505-0-95131600-1516044490_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your cleaning set... Idea with the wheel at an angle is also nice...

Simple wooden rack (I need one more piece of wood to make a long term proper rack for the clean bucket):

post-110956-0-80499700-1516044787_thumb.jpg

The "brush" is used with some "pink" Nam Char degreaser -

post-110956-0-66311400-1516044837_thumb.jpg

The plastic teeth are used when the brush cant remove hard items -

post-110956-0-71143300-1516044880_thumb.jpg

Chapter2 Tere, Her name is Terry. I didnt have time to take on the road pics as yet but I have been riding her and she is stiff AF!!! Power goes where it needs to. Please forgive the white saddle, I am looking around for a black perch.

All in 7.72kgs as on the pics, I need to fit the red cassette still and that should knock about 150g and the possibly lighter pedals

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162559.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162603.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162638.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_163606.jpg

Maori artwork on the downtube

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_163625.jpg

Just a pity I do not have the fitness to do her any justice :thumbdown:  :whistling:

Shiiiiiiiat....thats nice!

Thats a cool idea, I wonder if a mine air raid siren would make a noise from the air rushing thru it, especially on descents. 

LOL, can you imagine hitting a berm and then you here this wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa coming behind u.

It originally press-fit onto the little blue strap (no oversize version available), so the first time you hit 50km/h, it takes off, and you have to climb back up and search. it now glue-fits.

best hundred bucks spent in years.

It originally press-fit onto the little blue strap (no oversize version available), so the first time you hit 50km/h, it takes off, and you have to climb back up and search. it now glue-fits.

That 50 km/h take of speed is going to be like a target!  :clap:  :D

I need that in my life.

Where did you get this Tim?

Bought a Lyne 31.6mm x 125mm dropper for my hardtail. Completed my order on Monday afternoon at about 2pm, and received the product now (before 9am).

This service is astounding. I'm in Centurion and the product was couriered from Cape Town. Apart from the courier, questions to the online email was answered extremely quickly and even when i called them before placing my online order, the service was brilliant. Thank you so much Dayle for such amazing service.  

I have had enough of cold bits so I dropped a whack of cash of "thermal" goodies (and some random stuff that was on special).

In SA I had 2 pairs of winter gloves and they lasted at least 5 years - now I have 17 pairs of gloves in varying warmth, waterproofness and windproofness. Madness!

post-2412-0-24362200-1516173833_thumb.jpg

I'm rather pleased with what we just picked up.  After looking around for a while, on Saturday went out with my wife and kids to get her a bike for her birthday.  We were looking at 2nd hand so drove around to a few sellers and checked out a lovely Titan Elite, a Momsen Race Tech (too big) and then headed to bike bay.  They had a few bikes which she tried out.  Giant Talon, BMC SportElite and finally a Silverback Slade 2.  The last one was one of the few XS frames and she enjoyed the fit.  I was chuffed because this bike came with XT rear derailleur and a SR Suntour Raidon 100mm travel fork, 650B wheels (which I think is ideal on an XS frame) and was a good deal.  Ended up paying R5500 for it and now that I've had a few days to check it out fully, I am even happier.  Great bike and I am sure she's gonna have a blast on it.  

So in follow up to this, took the day off for my wife's birthday.  Packed the bikes in the car, packed a picnic etc.  Went off to Emmarentia, unpacked bikes, connected up the half bike, adjusted helmet straps, seat heights, put gloves on the right way round on the kiddies etc.  Rode off for about 5 minutes before my wife - not used to how strong disc brakes are - managed to go over her handlebars and test which was tougher - her chin or the tarmac.  So back to the car, tissues for the blood, calm the kiddies down who are now crying because mommy is bleeding, unhook half bike, remove helmets, put bikes back in the car and spend a good part of the rest of the day at the hospital!  Wife had abrasions on her shoulder, elbow, knee and 3 stitches in her chin. Bike had some minor damage to brake lever and handlebars but otherwise appears okay.  Cellphone screen cracked and new activity tracker (Christmas present) cracked to pieces.   :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :oops:

Luckily my wife is a tough cookie and will ride again!  

So in follow up to this, took the day off for my wife's birthday.  Packed the bikes in the car, packed a picnic etc.  Went off to Emmarentia, unpacked bikes, connected up the half bike, adjusted helmet straps, seat heights, put gloves on the right way round on the kiddies etc.  Rode off for about 5 minutes before my wife - not used to how strong disc brakes are - managed to go over her handlebars and test which was tougher - her chin or the tarmac.  So back to the car, tissues for the blood, calm the kiddies down who are now crying because mommy is bleeding, unhook half bike, remove helmets, put bikes back in the car and spend a good part of the rest of the day at the hospital!  Wife had abrasions on her shoulder, elbow, knee and 3 stitches in her chin. Bike had some minor damage to brake lever and handlebars but otherwise appears okay.  Cellphone screen cracked and new activity tracker (Christmas present) cracked to pieces.   :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :oops:

Luckily my wife is a tough cookie and will ride again!  

Man that is a tough start. Hope she recovers really quick.