Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

12 hours ago, RandomEuro said:

Late January was a particularly bad time for me and I put down the deposit on this as part of a deal with myself - I could only go through with it if I was in a better place when the time came to pay for the rest of it.

It arrived today. 

IMG_1540.jpg

Glad to hear things are going better, nice steed.....

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a 36T Oval Chainring and did my first ride today.

Shaved a few mins off my time on my favorite trail today with it, I'm very pleased. Thought the whole Oval thing was a gimmick, I do sorta feel a difference.

After giving my previous drivetrain its farewell ride through a muddy Buffelsdrift, I got this 9-46T from a hubber. The almost 3 seconds I have been able to spend on the 9 sprocket has been splendid. This is something that MUST be on Matt’s bike! 💪🙋🏼‍♂️
EC0DABEE-8C52-41B1-A685-A86A252E2306.jpeg.29335c1e6cb7c7f4c81c8d9aada78e1a.jpeg

93CFC2EE-6B4D-4D1D-AB42-41A65A19F57E.jpeg.d370feb86a52bcc5f89f19e7fa283cde.jpeg

To be honest, did not notice a difference in shifting. But did not even think about that. Will have to investigate with more mileage. In fact, you saying I should go for a ride now? 

1 hour ago, peetwindhoek said:

To be honest, did not notice a difference in shifting. But did not even think about that. Will have to investigate with more mileage. In fact, you saying I should go for a ride now? 

yes please - im awaiting feedback by 6pm . thanks 🤣

On 6/5/2022 at 4:18 PM, Steady Spin said:

1455AA5B-E6F2-4CBD-A45C-20628BEE00EA.webp.0add4c7a606aaf1dd5896d2ba135b228.webp

Fenix 6 Pro Solar. Was on special on OneDayOnly. Wasn’t quite planned but I’ve been mulling this purchase in the back of my head for a while. 

I was very tempted when I saw this offer - I still have my trusty Fenix 3 HR, so considering an upgrade.

With winter fast approaching, and some muddier offroading in my immediate grave future, I wanted more grip than the stock WTB Byways on my Rook.

I've posted in the past about the difficulties of finding a grippy 650B tubeless tyre that'll fit in the Rook, and eventually settled on the WTB Resolute (42mm).

One ride in, very happy, handled the slushy and sandy greenbelts far better than the slick Byways did.

image.png.c75691a1112e9e739d3b685945e2e0e9.png

image.png.0a754ccb2415924500badf15769449ed.png

Rule 39: Never ride without your eye wear.

You should not make a habit of riding without eyewear, although approved extenuating circumstances include fog, overheating, and lighting condition. When not worn over the eyes, they should be neatly tucked into the vents of your helmet.  If they don’t fit, buy a new helmet. In the meantime you can wear them backwards on the back of your head or carefully tuck them into your jersey pocket, making sure not to scratch them on your tools.

D26D108F-F67A-4A9B-ACCC-9DACA1A9A066.jpeg

I spent R2700 on diesel for my vehicle yesterday.... it does have a spare tank, but jeepers!

3 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

does half a tank of diesel count? That was just shy of a grand. . . a purchase I would have gladly skipped to be honest.

Just now, ichnusa said:

I spent R2700 on diesel for my vehicle yesterday.... it does have a spare tank, but jeepers!

diesel is the reason I can't have nice cycling things . . . maybe it's time to reassess my priorities.