Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing as extravagant as some of the other purchases, but something that will give me much joy and entertainment:

2018 Tygerberg Mtb Club subscription done and dusted.

Will now be ready to hit the trails after the CTCT...  :clap:  :thumbup:

So the hunt was worth it in the end. Congrats! When are you going to try to better your time at Paarl? Give updates when you do you'd better smash it.  :thumbup:

Ill be allowed on a DH course in 3 weeks,  def give updates on my progress :)

Nice one, Cole! Now, don't go breaking it!

Only gonna break it in :ph34r:

You see, this is the part that worries me, is there actually a problem or not? Let's hope we can solve this, because at R2499 it's very hard to ignore!

took it out for a ride today. Setup is pretty easy. I really like the giant app interface. For the price I don't think you'll find anything better.

New shoes... Scott matrix5173523149eeb123cc8bf7f33a4fd0e4.jpg

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

Sjoe dude. You're cleary not scared posting a pic of those sock and hairy pins on THE hub

Sjoe dude. You're cleary not scared posting a pic of those sock and hairy pins on THE hub

What's wrong with my socks, besides being ******* comfortable.

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

What's wrong with my socks, besides being ******* comfortable.

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

Cycling fashion dictates that your socks need to make a statement while being comfortable.

For some obscure reason it means that if it looks like you pedalled your way through a fruit salad then you're sorted.

Personally I am a fan of geometric patterns, but go take a look in the sock doping thread for inspiration.

The craze has entered the trail running scene, so if you see someone running with ice cream cone patterns ahead of you, that person is sock doping.

Oh, and someone who doesn't know why cyclists really shave their legs, but still religiously shaves his legs because he likes how it feels, will probably make a comment about your leg hair as well.

Cycling fashion dictates that your socks need to make a statement while being comfortable.

For some obscure reason it means that if it looks like you pedalled your way through a fruit salad then you're sorted.

Personally I am a fan of geometric patterns, but go take a look in the sock doping thread for inspiration.

The craze has entered the trail running scene, so if you see someone running with ice cream cone patterns ahead of you, that person is sock doping.

Oh, and someone who doesn't know why cyclists really shave their legs, but still religiously shaves his legs because he likes how it feels, will probably make a comment about your leg hair as well.

I have the liquorish all sorts, then not a f comfortable. I wear them as my part of my day to day socks as that's all they good for.

None of those I read with wear funky socks, again because function over fashion. I also don't buy jeans made by Edwards scissors hands.

I know only 1 of very many runners who choose fashion over function.

Trust me, if you want the worlds best socks, get a pair of balega, while they are technically running socks, they quite happily cross the bar over to cycling according to the word of my feet.

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

..............For some obscure reason it means that if it looks like you pedalled your way through a fruit salad then you're sorted................

:D  :clap:

Edited by DJR

I

I also don't buy jeans made by Edwards scissors hands.

/@remelehane

That is gold. I'm going to remember that.

My favourite socks ito comfort are the MHR Mohair range. Mohair and wool But I'll check out Balega as well thanks.

For some obscure reason it means that if it looks like you pedalled your way through a fruit salad then you're sorted

That is gold... but anyone can see that those socks are black panthers hiding in a coal yard on a moonless night. Totally on point for the WOKE masses and reflects the most successful non Caucasian superhero movie that is breaking stereotypes across the genre.

TBH the new sock craze is the modern equivalent of that garish waistcoats that you'd wear with your dinner jacket. Just trying to show how 'crazy' you really are.

Edited by hellocolour

Luckily I'm too old to be prescribed by others what is cool to wear, or not.

I wear what I want, because it is comfortable for me, and I like it.

Bad news for you Wannabe, Green Cross doesn't make cycling shoes :ph34r:  ;)

Just kidding, I'm the same, except when my wife tells me what to wear :blush: