Post your Pyga

PYGA1

PB

Please pass on the part numbers, I would also like to fit needle bearings to my Oneten.

T

Just a heads up on the shock mount needle bearings I came across by RWC (enduroforkseals), they have a kit for the rocker side but not the bottom. I'm sending measurements over to see if they have anything that will match the bottom end and will update this when I get an answer.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question on Pyga sizing as my bike feels 'short' and I am not sure if this is just the way it is supposed to be.

I am 1.77m in height and are therefore on the boundary of a medium / large frame according to the guidance on the pyga webpage.

I bought a Large frame and have a 70mm stem on it, but the reach still feels short and my upper body position seems very upright. I have gone through the ergo fit process, which recommends a reach of 70.7cm, which is 3 cm longer than the current distance between the saddle and the bars. The fitment guy recommended changing the stem to a 100mm or 110mm, but that will really change the handling and would be sacrilege on a pyga - sort of like the guy above wanting to drill holes in a Pyga frame to install a specialized twat box.

The other option is to install a lean-back saddle post but I am loving the dropper post I have and one can't buy lean back dropper posts.

Any advice? Should one just get used to the upright position? Install tri-bars....

I have a question on Pyga sizing as my bike feels 'short' and I am not sure if this is just the way it is supposed to be.

I am 1.77m in height and are therefore on the boundary of a medium / large frame according to the guidance on the pyga webpage.

I bought a Large frame and have a 70mm stem on it, but the reach still feels short and my upper body position seems very upright. I have gone through the ergo fit process, which recommends a reach of 70.7cm, which is 3 cm longer than the current distance between the saddle and the bars. The fitment guy recommended changing the stem to a 100mm or 110mm, but that will really change the handling and would be sacrilege on a pyga - sort of like the guy above wanting to drill holes in a Pyga frame to install a specialized twat box.

The other option is to install a lean-back saddle post but I am loving the dropper post I have and one can't buy lean back dropper posts.

Any advice? Should one just get used to the upright position? Install tri-bars....

No ways that a large is still too small for your height...unless your arms are out of proportion long ;-) Reach is already fairly long compared to other brands.

I'm same length and on a medium. Would prefer large to be honest but anything bigger than that for our length is ridiculous. Also depends on what you're setting the bike up for...xc, trail, enduro?

Perhaps also consider wider bars if you're not already using them. Will lean you forward a bit...and improve control.

Btw, Reach = distance between BB and bars....not saddle.

I'd question the competence of a fitment guy suggesting an XL for your height....if that's indeed what he did.

Edited by Pyka

How wide are the bars you are using?

I ran my OneTen on a 50mm stem with 760 bars and I'm running my Stage on the same stem with 800 bars. I'm 185cm and have no issues with reach on either.

Tom

I use a 150mm 9Point8 Fall Line (9point8.ca) dropper post on my OneTen with the 25mm layback. You can specify whether you want a straight or layback seat clamp as they are interchangable. The post works really well and I've had no issues with it riding for 8 months in dry dusty and very wet and muddy conditions.

I'm on a large Oneten, 182cm tall, 50mm stem with 800mm bars.

I prefer the more upright position and I don't find the reach too short.

T

There's fit and also what feels more comfortable. I started on a Large Oneten, then moved to an XL. Was more comfortable on the XL, softened stem and went wider on bars. Now on stage max and I'm on an XL as well. I'm 1.87.

If the bike is new, ride it for a month or two to allow your body to adjust. If still unhappy then make changes.

I'm no Pyga expert but if your height is borderline medium/large and feels too upright on a large frame then either you have unusually long arms and torso relative to legs or you're trying to achieve the wrong kind of fit for the bike's character.

You don't say which Pyga model you have but consider that almost all of them are built for robust trail and enduro type riding. Even the Stage has a trailbike bias. So these bikes are designed for a stance based on allround riding including steep descents. This implies a more upright stance than a typical XC racing stance based on max efficiency and power which tends to place your body comparatively low and forward.

Your options are any combination of moving your saddle back in its rails, going wider on the bars, longer on the stem, lower on the spacer stack and inverting the stem for negative rise. All will lower your stance on the bike and stretch you out a bit more. Saddle adjustments can be used to counteract, if necessary, the forward weight shift that wider bars or a longer stem will produce.

Make your changes one at a time and keep them to 10mm increments or less. Keep a record of the changes. This will assist you to assess the effect of each change and also to return to your current baseline for which you probably paid some money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There's fit and also what feels more comfortable. I started on a Large Oneten, then moved to an XL. Was more comfortable on the XL, softened stem and went wider on bars. Now on stage max and I'm on an XL as well. I'm 1.87.

Wouldn't mind putting my Stage next to yours to do a side by side comparison. Wanted to do much the same thing, but couldn't wait for the XL to come out.

Tom

My Pyga 110. Have had this awesome bike about 10 months and still enjoy every moment on it.

Short stem and wide bars has proven the absolute best option out of all the options I have tested on it.

Also decided to wrap the cranks in something slightly unique. The Green Goblin seemed appropriate.

post-60570-0-74030900-1476016527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Traveler

Thanks for all the advice from all of you.

I have 760mm bars.

I will try flipping the stem, dropping the stack and all in incremental steps. 

It is a 110 and I love it. It came with 2.35 Hans Damphs on it and while it can be a hack getting up hill, it is an absolute beast on single track and down hill.

To help uphill I also changed the tires to a Saguaro / Barzo mix, but the XC tires limit its potential - a bit like surfing Pipeline on a boggie board. I have placed a Hans Damph back on the front and its fear nothing / War Rig mentality has come back. 

If the bike is new, ride it for a month or two to allow your body to adjust. If still unhappy then make changes.

I'm no Pyga expert but if your height is borderline medium/large and feels too upright on a large frame then either you have unusually long arms and torso relative to legs or you're trying to achieve the wrong kind of fit for the bike's character.

You don't say which Pyga model you have but consider that almost all of them are built for robust trail and enduro type riding. Even the Stage has a trailbike bias. So these bikes are designed for a stance based on allround riding including steep descents. This implies a more upright stance than a typical XC racing stance based on max efficiency and power which tends to place your body comparatively low and forward.

Your options are any combination of moving your saddle back in its rails, going wider on the bars, longer on the stem, lower on the spacer stack and inverting the stem for negative rise. All will lower your stance on the bike and stretch you out a bit more. Saddle adjustments can be used to counteract, if necessary, the forward weight shift that wider bars or a longer stem will produce.

Make your changes one at a time and keep them to 10mm increments or less. Keep a record of the changes. This will assist you to assess the effect of each change and also to return to your current baseline for which you probably paid some money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Baracuda

Thanks for all the advice from all of you.

I have 760mm bars.

I will try flipping the stem, dropping the stack and all in incremental steps. 

It is a 110 and I love it. It came with 2.35 Hans Damphs on it and while it can be a hack getting up hill, it is an absolute beast on single track and down hill.

To help uphill I also changed the tires to a Saguaro / Barzo mix, but the XC tires limit its potential - a bit like surfing Pipeline on a boggie board. I have placed a Hans Damph back on the front and its fear nothing / War Rig mentality has come back.

Are you using a short or a long stem?

Going for super short stem was a winner in my case? Anyway I also think long stems belong on road bikes.

Nice...wish i had one...

Made that post using a time machine?

Share a bit, you built one wicked 110.