weekly tss score

fandacious

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

past 2 weeks 0

Been pretty sick and finally starting to come right.

It's sad to see your hard earned CTL points drop from 90 - 56

Have done my ITB so no running as part of my training, just cycle and swim

TSS 654.7

IF 0.69

Also watching my CTL drop.... depressing!!

Dont stress about that, its just what you said "dropping" just cause the line and value drops, doesn't mean your fitness does. Too many people chase or focus on CTL. Your fitness and training load you have built up isnt going anywhere.

Dont stress about that, its just what you said "dropping" just cause the line and value drops, doesn't mean your fitness does. Too many people chase or focus on CTL. Your fitness and training load you have built up isnt going anywhere.

the more I'm reading your posts (here and twitter) the more I'm ignoring all the numbers and going on "feel"

the only numbers I work on at the moment is FTP to determine workout intensity. 

For what it's worth I followed the cycleops 8 week power based program (IDT only) they gave away as part of the comp they ran earlier this year, combined with a long ride over weekends. I finished 2nd overall (1st in age) at the Daily Dispatch 50km last week.

power training works even for newbies like me, so I can now justify spending 12k on an indoor trainer. now just to save up a bit and get a proper training plan done 

Watching CTL drop is figuratively depressing to see and know what you mean with regard to not loosing fitness as my tapers for full Ironman generally start 3 to 4 weeks prior to the event and being a data junkie have a good idea with regard to how much I know my CTL can drop and the time element before fitness is impacted, yet gaining form

Still recovering from my ITB so last weeks numbers

CTL 639.8

IF 0.68

Not getting sick is so important... after a bit of a light cold I am still trying to work my way out of without overdoing it - it's extremely difficult holding back and not push harder

Recent FTP test proved a 35w drop in ftp due to the cold -> I really hope all them lost ponies come back soon...

So depressing...

Edited by s14phoenix

0 for everything for the last 6 weeks :-(

Broken collarbone :-(

CTL on a slippery slope.

Get and IDT, you can still spin on an IDT with a broken collar bone... I was back on an IDT 8 days after breaking mine

last week was a recovery week after my crazy 4 day Berg hike.

TSS 304

IF: 0.72

Trying to build up again over the next 3 weeks, as i am on "holiday" at the end of September for 5 days. Then its only 3 weeks to Amashova, ouch its going to hurt.

Get and IDT, you can still spin on an IDT with a broken collar bone... I was back on an IDT 8 days after breaking mine

I agree with this. I was on the IDT after 2 weeks of breaking a collarbone, and there's many other benefits to the IDT... well thats only if you willing to suffer.

the more I'm reading your posts (here and twitter) the more I'm ignoring all the numbers and going on "feel"

the only numbers I work on at the moment is FTP to determine workout intensity. 

For what it's worth I followed the cycleops 8 week power based program (IDT only) they gave away as part of the comp they ran earlier this year, combined with a long ride over weekends. I finished 2nd overall (1st in age) at the Daily Dispatch 50km last week.

power training works even for newbies like me, so I can now justify spending 12k on an indoor trainer. now just to save up a bit and get a proper training plan done 

Im sure that is a pgm we did for them when they opened as we supplied a lot of them for different training phases.

But yes, you right, numbers are honestly great and really good to work towards and with. A lot easier to track progression BUT the smart part or the useful part is what to do with them when. Anyone can draw up a training program. Not everyone can monitor, analyse and prescribe going forward.

Too many people chase CTL - normal folk to coaches and are far to obsessed with CTL. common is higher the CTL the better form you have. Its not true. Only thing you chasing is the end of a rainbow.

Edited by J Wakefield

Watching CTL drop is figuratively depressing to see and know what you mean with regard to not loosing fitness as my tapers for full Ironman generally start 3 to 4 weeks prior to the event and being a data junkie have a good idea with regard to how much I know my CTL can drop and the time element before fitness is impacted, yet gaining form

Still recovering from my ITB so last weeks numbers

CTL 639.8

IF 0.68

Thats all its doing on a graph is drop, thats not your body. only time gains are made is when you recover from a training load. 

Don't get me wrong I am not saying CTL isnt important it is, I use it to track athlete but there a lot of outside variables that also need to be taken into account. We use a PMC and a DALDA to monitor athletes. You cannot do it on a PMC and CTL / TSB alone. 

All a PMC is with CTL is training files not how the athlete is feeling personally. Data tells you one thing, a person tells you another.

Edited by J Wakefield

Im sure that is a pgm we did for them when they opened as we supplied a lot of them for different training phases.

But yes, you right, numbers are honestly great and really good to work towards and with. A lot easier to track and prescribe progression BUT the smart part or the useful part is what to do with them when. Anyone can draw up a training program. Not everyone can monitor, analyse and prescribe going forward.

Too many people chase CTL - normal folk to coaches and are far to obsessed with CTL. common is higher the CTL the better form you have. Its not true. Only thing you chasing is the end of a rainbow.

I give up  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing: 

link won't work

Edited by fanievb