Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Without starting a whole NEW debate on the issue. How do you all view branded stickers on other items. Case in point - lots of people put the bitten Apple sticker on their cars windows. I have a Hope sticker on the bike rack? Maybe something else on the fridge ect. Free advertising for the companies?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my Chinese toy...

Campag Chorus 11 speed

Carbon wheels with carbon hubs

Weighing in at 7.7kgs

Sad! if you cant afford the original don't try portray you can! If you can afford it then buy it.

You are buying a blank frame rather put your own artwork on it.

Raced with a guy a while back which had an "s-works mclaren" the paint work looks shocking and the deep suctions had Novatec hubs, i mean seriously - what a prick after all the comments in the group i think he strategically dropped back out of the group

Just remember your bike will always look good to you, to the rest for people who actually love bikes, have been riding bikes for year and ride for a passion for cycling (as opposed to just been on trend) you will always look like a douchebag

Why "brand" it ? Is that not like a "faking it"?

just liked the look??????????????? why else

1. ) You are lying to people that look at the bike, Yes, it does no harm, but it's still lying.

2. ) It breaks trademark laws.

Just remember your bike will always look good to you, to the rest for people who actually love bikes, have been riding bikes for year and ride for a passion for cycling (as opposed to just been on trend) you will always look like a douchebag

thats all that counts

Your money dude, do whatever pleases you and not all the douchebags in the group...

kla!!!

How long did the postage take to arrive and did you use China air post or ems ?

Hi , well i buy sllot from the webpage. But as for the wheels i paid extra to use EMS From the day they posted the wheels ( not counting time to dispatch ) it took 11 days from them to Port Elizabeth / Sunridge Park . Otherwise china post takes on average 30 days to me here. But saying that ive hadw issues with EMS tracking in JHB as i have carbon handlebars that are in customs but cannot view the tracking as thr webpage sometimes has issues .

http://www.emssouthafrica.co.za/EmsWebSite/index.htm

Hope it helps

Matthew

Guest Smimby

Hey!!! All of you shut the hell up.

Dude, brand your bike like you want. If that's why makes you love it, all the best man.

Did you not read comment about it being illegal??

Edited by Smimby

Hi , well i buy sllot from the webpage. But as for the wheels i paid extra to use EMS From the day they posted the wheels ( not counting time to dispatch ) it took 11 days from them to Port Elizabeth / Sunridge Park . Otherwise china post takes on average 30 days to me here. But saying that ive hadw issues with EMS tracking in JHB as i have carbon handlebars that are in customs but cannot view the tracking as thr webpage sometimes has issues .

http://www.emssoutha...bSite/index.htm

Hope it helps

Matthew

I get the idea the local EMS is an extension of the post office. If you order anything and the supplier sends it via example royal mail or china air all being state owned enterprises then when it arrives here it goes via ems - cheapest option. My experience with ems is also not very good. Royal mail itself is not bad but once once ems get hold of it this side it can take 3-4 weeks to route itself to where it needs to go and they only attempt delivery once. Otherwise it goes to your local post office.

1. ) You are lying to people that look at the bike, Yes, it does no harm, but it's still lying.

2. ) It breaks trademark laws.

1. ) its only a ly when you say its a Colnago... I am very open that it is not.....

2. Only if i am selling it.... otherwise i can put what ever i want to on the bike....

I want to put the new quick step bike colours on my 2011 tarmac, does that make me a fraud?

So do whatever it takes, so you love your bike more, which leads to riding it more.

I bought a mtb 27.5 frame and parts from Hong Fu last year around this time. I also bought carbon wheels from Ribour and put the bike together. It came in at 9.8kg.

A year later and many hard miles of mountain bike racing and the bike is still 100%. I raced the National and Rainbow challenge marathons. Also the xco nationals.This has been the best purchase ever.

Now, I need to upgrade the road bike. It is an alu frame with 105 groupset. Yip not great, but I have been thinking of upgrading a few things now and then later a frame. Perhaps the seat post, wheels and handlebar.

So while slothing around today, I came across this handlebar. A question for the clever people please. Would you put a special sort of bar tape on (transparent) or would you ride without anything on the handlebar?

I have not seen anyone else with this set on their bike before.

Those are Cinelli Ram bars from China. Very nice and very cool. I have a similar set. You just wrap your bar tape up past the levers to the corners. About a centimetre or more away from the "R" on the word Rammer. No bar tape on the main top cross sections. Very comfortable.

Just picked up my Chinese carbon 29" rigid 15mm fork from the post office. And its perfect! Thanks flyxii.com and everyone for helping with this buy!

So I got a quote from Dengfu the other day. This is the email I got:

Dear lyle

Thanks for your kindly inquiry

Price for FM011 54cm is $425, frame/fork/seatpost included.black matt will need add $45

fit for headset need $14

38x21mm clincher wheels is $351, skewers and bake pads included, which is novatec hub A291S/F482S compatible with shimano body 11 speed, CN494 spokes and nipple

Costs shipping to south africa is $185 by EMS for the frame, and $145 for the wheels

Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

Wendy

Is this all standard, quite expensive for shipping isn't it? And in rand terms what other costs am I looking at when they land here?