Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

What !

am i missing something , why people dope is beyond me but to add to my "WTF " thought . why would a person who is not even a top finisher do it :blink:

+1, why larry....why?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What !

am i missing something , why people dope is beyond me but to add to my "WTF " thought . why would a person who is not even a top finisher do it :blink:

cause we weekend warrior race snails :whistling: :whistling:

cause we weekend warrior race snails :whistling: :whistling:

my word dopping hackers , what next :unsure:

Just spoke to a Mate of Barry, CSA have posted this "named" release without even notifying the athlete himself... He is dumbstruck. Surely the athlete must be notified first???

I would imagine so.

+1, why larry....why?

Gotta remember everyone who competes in Sani/Epic etc are not always Serious Mountain Bikers...

They may be Top Triathletes/Rugby Players/Rowers etc etc etc just doing this for Off Season Fun...

What !

It would appear to be accidental from what Dips says...

And surely money would be better spent on testing the top 10 of all the various categories... there is plenty of Ego doping going on there me thinks :cursing:

The next paragraph from Wikipedia was left off the quote on the prev page:

"Stanozolol is one of the anabolic steroids commonly used as a performance enhancing drug and is banned from use in sports competition under the auspices of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and many other sporting bodies. Additionally, stanozolol has been used in US horse racing.[1]"

Accidental ingestion seems unlikely. The nature of the conditions it is used to treat would indicate serious consideration by a doctor with understanding of exercise activities and thus the understanding of the need for a TUE. This ain't treatment for a cold.

Edited by davem

And surely money would be better spent on testing the top 10 of all the various categories... there is plenty of Ego doping going on there me thinks :cursing:

they should start with the sub vets !

My Sani partner thinks I was doping on day2 and 3 ..... ^_^

Luckily we were almost RIGHT at the back, so they didnt bother testing me.

I always wondered what you were putting in those Roosterbroodjies... :drool: (spl)

NOOOOO NOT ME DIDNT SAY THAT I AM IN ENOUGH ***

NOT DIPS NOT DIPS

The beauty of this however, mistake or no mistake.

Somehow I think this was not all intentional.

But yes the beauty of it, now hopefully those amateur dopers will get a bit of a wake up call knowing they could also possibly be tested .

Edited by Dangle

I have seen people dope in Bloemfontein. I mean get real. Dope to win a race in Bloem. What a joke.

Go to JHB and race with the real men!

It appears as if some people will do what it takes.

Ironman offers a retroactive TUE process for age groupers.

If you have a random test and test positive and it was part of ongoing treatrment with full medical history, they will grant a retrospective TUE. This stops SAIDS from being inundated with every athlete applying for TUE for every medication.

I would imagine a different standard of scrutiny would apply if you are a podium contender or a middle of the packer.

Makes good sense.