Seyffert receives two year ban from competition

Matt

Ban these cheats for life and let them become financial planners or estate agents

hmmm.....a bit harsh. Not all "dopers" are cheats.

Some are genuine mistakes.

For example....

A person that takes Neurofen cold and flu will receive a ban as it is not permitted in or OUT of competition.

As is most of the sinumax range...also banned.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked to hear about this since I know the family. :unsure:

No don't be shocked. Be outraged... at the system. I think it has gone too far and people that aren't cheats are tainted with the same brush as LA and co. What happened here is not the same as Lance and I find it hard to associate it with cheating.

No don't be shocked. Be outraged... at the system. I think it has gone too far and people that aren't cheats are tainted with the same brush as LA and co. What happened here is not the same as Lance and I find it hard to associate it with cheating.

On the WADA list its listed as a stimulant. I doubt it would be specifically recognized as an illegal substance unless there was a reason.

Edited by Robrider

Sorry there is no excuse,it is cheating.I understand there may be a bit of sympathy because there are members here who know him but there is no difference here to Contadors + to Clen.At top level keeping weight down to absolute minimum is just as important to power output.What amazes me is how quiet Team Bonitas are.

Then again,I was shocked when they gave Herman Fouche a job straight out of a 2 year ban.

Credibility of that team not looking so good at the moment.

A lot of substances are banned because of the masking effect on other stimulants or steroids. I don't really now too much about it, but if its on the banned list there must be a reason.

hmmm.....a bit harsh. Not all "dopers" are cheats.

Some are genuine mistakes.

For example....

A person that takes Neurofen cold and flu will receive a ban as it is not permitted in or OUT of competition.

I'm sorry but I don't agree Wayne.If you in competition and have even the slightest chance of been tested you do your homework.There is a great phone app by drugfreesport to download.Just type in any medication you want to take and it tells you if you can or not.

I wonder if Bonitas do any inhouse testing.I must say I do find everything a bit ironic.

Bonitas Medical,Discem a sponsor,Phentermine...

I'm sorry but I don't agree Wayne.If you in competition and have even the slightest chance of been tested you do your homework.There is a great phone app by drugfreesport to download.Just type in any medication you want to take and it tells you if you can or not.

i get you.

i think motive plays a role.

my point was directed at meridas comment about ALL dopers receiving a lifetime ban.

i agree it is the athletes responsibility, but genuine mistakes should carry a lesser sentence such as a two year ban.

my point tried to prove that not all dopers are cheats.

can you tell us the name of this app. I downloaded the Wada app and it wants the specific ingredients. Not so easy when you are sitting in a doctors rooms and they are prescribing stuff for you. And app whereby i can just type Neurofen etc would be very handy to me.

Bottom line is, if a drug is listed as banned, and you take it, it is cheating. Onus on athlete to check banned list, especially as a pro. You can't half cheat because one drug is not as bad as another.

Not sure what a genuine mistake is when there is so much info available on what is annex and what is not. If you gona pop a tab, know what is in it. Most flu medication contains banned substances, everyone knows that. So find out what is safe to use.

OK, looking at the Wikipedia description of Phentermine, I notice that it is an appetite suppressant. No performance-enhancing benefits are listed.

Why end someone's career because of this drug?

Why is it illegal?

Am I missing something?

I am not a pharmacist, but maybe this is the problem. From Wikipedia:

" Mechanism of action

Phentermine works on the hypothalamus portion of the brain to stimulate the adrenal glands to release norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter or chemical messenger that signals a fight-or-flight response, reducing hunger. Phentermine works outside the brain, as well, to release epinephrine or adrenaline. "

Could, inaddition to breaking down fat, the adrenaline not have stimulatory effects?

Of course it is a stimulant. It suppresses appetite as part of a bigger response. Increases bloodpressure, can increase heartrate, decrease feeling of fatigue etc. Only registered for one indication but has multiple effects.

Elaborate?