94.7 number collection

steve61

What has this sport become??? As iron said and sir wayne. Bitch bitch bitch. That is all that cyclists do these days. I had no problem with my number collection... cause I aint riding. Will be out on the dirt road this weekend

Edited by flat29

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because people love complaining and moaning about nothing :whistling:

And they feel that if they pay then they must complain about something

Good grief , I been cycling for 25 odd years and I remember the days when we could not wait to go get our silly number out in the sticks and race whatever was put in front of us as best we could . we all just loved the sport and nobody bitched .no days everyone has a gripe about EVERY thing , too hard , to technical, to flat, too steep , no water points, no chicken burgers , bottle necks , tar is to black , sand is too dusty ,my goodie bag has no free cream for my soft ass skin , wtf , bla bla bla .

when did our cycling society becomes such whinges ?

Bit of an overshare there big boy.... :)

Would be interesting to see how many guys who complained last year and said that was their last 94.7 are complaining again this year!

I reached there at about 11:15, and it was very busy inside, with long snaking queues. Went to find the front of the BB queue so that I wouldn't stand in the incorrect queue, only to find that it ended 5 people from the front. Was done in about 5 minutes. Must be the good karma of riding for a cause!

Ok, here you go boys....

On sunday when you are riding your bikes looking for crap to moan about, sing this in your head.

Please remember why you got on a bike in the first place.....just to have some fun.

I am busy teaching my son to ride without training wheels. You want to see his face when he starts getting it...it is sheer elation and bliss.

BET YOU EVERYTHING I OWN HE AINT BITCHING ABOUT GOODY BAGS.

Hmmm..

Ok, so far we have established the following:

• the queues are an issue
  • the location of the expo is an issue
  • the cost of the parking is an issue
  • the cost of the race is an issue
  • the goody bag is an issue
  • the parking at the race venue is an issue
  • the seeding is an issue
  • etc etc

So, based on the above, why the hell did you enter?

Surely if its that much of a problem, you wouldnt bother putting yourself through all that aggrevation?

Or the race itself is worth it, in which case, pardon my language, but then shut the hell up about the issues and look passed them.

Wait until Sunday afternoon / Monday, then you going to hear a lot more complaints !!!!!

• too hot
  • too windy
  • too easy
  • too hard
  • had to park far away
  • bunches too big / small
  • too little tequila
  • bar one girls distracted me
  • etc
  • etc

So .. why the hell did you enter?

Surely if its that much of a problem, you wouldnt bother putting yourself through all that aggrevation?

Or the race itself is worth it, in which case, pardon my language, but then shut the hell up about the issues and look passed them.

Perhaps if you were there today you might have a different view. It was a serious frustrating mess, and I think most of us are miffed because, we as a paying customer feel we could have been treated better. I done many a Argus and 94.7, this was the worst treatment ever at a number collection ritual so I do have something to compare it with. Most of the time, each number booth had a queue almost going out the entrance, and all were painfully slow moving.

Parking: R20 is not a lot of money but it is rip off to park in an open parking lot.

Edited by kosmonooit

Perhaps if you were there today you might have a different view. It was a serious frustrating mess, and I think most of us are miffed because, we as a paying customer feel we could have been treated better. I done many a Argus and 94.7, this was the worst treatment ever at a number collection ritual so I do have something to compare it with. Most of the time, each number booth had a queue almost going out the entrance, and all were painfully slow moving.

Parking: R20 is not a lot of money but it is rip off to park in an open parking lot.

I get that, but from the year on year hub posts it definately aint getting better, in fact, it seems its getting worse...

So all i am saying is then why put yourself through all of that?

Expo is a fleamarket indeed, and nothing wrong with that IMO.

Fantastic deal on the Suunto Ambit 2 - R1,500 off the normal price.

Makes one wonder if you weren't being ripped a new 'Ring" in the first place.

Now we have people bitching about the people bitching. (So I'm bitching about the people bitching about the people bitching)

BWAAA HAAA HAAA...excellent point.

And that concludes todays broadcast.

So all i am saying is then why put yourself through all of that?

Exactly, that's probably why I will be giving it a miss in future. This was grim! Won't stop me joining in the fun though.

since everybody is in such a possitive state of mind. what is race day like? traffic, parking, ect. Cause i already lost my temper with the race organiser who are completely useless and im considering skipping the race and rather enjoying the day with my girlfriend.

since everybody is in such a possitive state of mind. what is race day like? traffic, parking, ect. Cause i already lost my temper with the race organiser who are completely useless and im considering skipping the race and rather enjoying the day with my girlfriend.

Traffic - chaos

Parking - miles away

Batches - beeeeeg

Riders - all over the road

Weather - hot

Wind - headwind on N14

Otherwise its a great day out