Cyclist attacked

Pooh_bear

I heard a cyclist was attacked last Sunday at 10 in the morning near the area where I ride myself.

Seems he did not want to let go of his bike, or so I heard, and got slashed across the top of his hand as well as the wrist.

Now I feel that everyone of us has the right to protect him or herself. So I fashioned a holster to hold my .22 while riding. If I'm attacked they can have the bike, but I'll be the guy that brought a gun to the knife fight.

The holster is on my person so anything can be taken, but short of being stripped naked the attacker won't find the gun and it is within easy reach.

I'm not going to be robbed and stabbed and just stand there.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get yourself killed. If you not sure you want to use it then leave it at home.

Insure your bike. When encountered, let the bastards take the bike and claim it from insurance...its why insurance is out there!!! Risking your life is not worth it. Don't get me wrong, if I had a 22 id probably want to do the same but you don't wanna be the person telling the story of how you accidentally shot your bike in the process of trying to shoot some secondhands.

firstly, do you know exactly what a would-be robber would do to get you off your bike such that you will be in a position to grab your gun and do what exactly with it, that would constitute a legally acceptable level of response?

In other words, are you sure they not going to leave you in a position where you have no more control of the gun, and loose it and the bike in the process. Things could get legally very sticky if you lost your gun and it gets used in another crime.

Paul Teague's approach is more reasonable.

Agreed, however insurance is small compensation when your not breathing anymore.

I know gun laws, I know what I'm getting into, after all I own a gun, they don't just hand things over the counter. Of course I hope I never have to use it, but it seems that our lives are in danger, on bike, on the street, in our homes.

The thing is I don't think I'm the first one out there to do this, I may be the first one to state it on a public forum.

What happens when it's you bringing your gun to a gun fight...? When you're not the only one strapping...? And his/theirs isn't just a .22...?

im not a gun oke, and I don't have an issue with cyclist wanting to carry a gun etc. hell I'm also gatvol of being scared whilst cycling alone. I enjoy cycling on my own, my time. apart from when I was a youngster, when you thought guns were cool I never wanna own one. I have been considering getting a gun just so that I can enjoy my cycling. However, I'm still not convinced that because I have to conceal it, at the same time it will not be a quick draw. furthermore, you still have to cock it, take safety off (gun depending though), I might just come off second best, but hell am I considering

Yeah where was it? Also, what if you manage to shoot the guy in both hands, will you go to jail for that? It would be lie cutting the hands off of a thief.Pretty harsh but he'll most likely not be stealing again too quickly.

Instead of posting about how you own a gun and all that, why not just tell us exactly what happened and where it was. Raising awareness to hotspots like these will do a lot more to potentially catch the **** and will aid in rider safety.

Insure your bike, don't risk your life.

just the amount of admin after shooting someone will be a pain in the budd, apart from other potential repurcussions, so not worth it. Insure your bike and take pepper spray, use if you can otherwise claim from insurane and move on.