History of the Hub

Witkop

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Admin at the 2006 Knysna cycle race, hin and another of his UCT teammates (Lance, hus hub handle is Donkey) were shacked up with a bunch of us Afrikaans okes. They handled us boere well.

It was here were I learned of thehubsa, and the start of a "slight" addiction. At this stage he ran it on the side while studying,.

back then bigH was still in moz, and a lot more chilled. TCS came and went. TitusTi and eldron had a bunch of knowledge and wisdom.

And the vibe was a lot more chilled. But also with less activity.

Lol. And to think Donkey is getting married next week... He was one of the groomsmen at my wedding. Met him in 07 when I was invited to a Friday morning outride

I am also a survivor of the Spinman group from a while back - I know there are also a couple of fellow survivors here on the Hub. :)

+1

and survivor of superycling chat group

Edited by amoryns

Guest Latent Blue
Even further back to the original site as launched in 2004.

Shocking yellow and all. (Excuse the broken images)

post-2-0-79027600-1393758126_thumb.png

The yellow lasted all of about 3 months.

You should put it in yellow for the tdf...

People that are no longer around on the hub, Crux, King of Bling, Oom H, Michelle Cound and her photos . .. . .

king of bling= pantani?

Admin should put a list of the first 100 or so hubbers who have are still active (he can define that), would be interesting to see the pecking order

People that are no longer around on the hub, Crux, King of Bling, Oom H, Michelle Cound and her photos . .. . .

Saw Crux a wee while back in the bike shop - our boys are at the same school. The King is still stirring things up on the cycling front. Good peeps those.

The hub... Lol

Well done Matt you started a good thing that has survived many mini melt downs, it's a pity that some of the great people discussed already no longer contribute.

I used to enjoy the race reports and posts from Marius in CT, not sure what happened to him....

I am also a survivor of the Spinman group from a while back - I know there are also a couple of fellow survivors here on the Hub. :)

+1 There is still the odd mail that goes out these days... Remember the Pink Panter, BKB etc

The good old days :thumbup: