Epic too easy?

jaaki

The list of ex road riders in SA who are at the pointy end of mtb races is a long one. Across men and women.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the Epic, or any other marathon race become so easy that a Roadie with virtually no real mountain experience can win?

I guess it shows which way South African racing is going, which is a shame, because mountainbiking use to be about skill, but apparently not anymore.

Am I the only one thinking this??

PS. Don't get me wrong, the Epic is on my ToDo List.

Ja it's just you dude , a friend of mine is doing it and is spending about 6 to 7 hours a day in the sadle. If I was half as fit as him I would be happy.

Like you say on the to do list once I can get over the spending that amount of time on the bike every day for that long.

You're so hardcore. One day when I'm big I'll be able to train like you.

One day I'll be able to ride for more than 30minutes without falling over :wacko:

What would Jens say?

Post of the day.

Speaking if shutuplegs.. the other day I told my legs to shut or I would give them something to shout about

Edited by Gen

Shurter cannot keep up with Rabon, which means its more about engine than skill?

I think you are right, even though it is a Marathon event, it is far too skewed towards fitness and physical conditioning and not enough towards skill.

Next year run it in the carpark at the waterfornt and if Danny MacAskill doesn't win, the course was still to easy.

Old granny says it's tough as hell! 30km of single track today. Rough and rutted jeep track. Hardly any district road and a switchback single track climb up a mountain side from hell

Throw in some seriously steep grassy rocky tracks and some nice slippery descents and this was an "easy" day!!

Jens rides mtb in winter

Ja lol his mtb doubles up sleigh towing machine. He tows his Daughters around.. the man is a different kind of strong

Old granny says it's tough as hell! 30km of single track today. Rough and rutted jeep track. Hardly any district road and a switchback single track climb up a mountain side from hell

Throw in some seriously steep grassy rocky tracks and some nice slippery descents and this was an "easy" day!!

I would like this 5 times if I could supergran

Saw a fact,on twitter that the drop out rate is much lower than previous, maybe has a point and the epic is getting too easy?

Saw a fact,on twitter that the drop out rate is much lower than previous, maybe has a point and the epic is getting too easy?

Dude, the dropout rate at the argus was also different from last year but the route was the same. Difficulty is not the deciding factor when it comes to dropout rates....

Edited by Maniax