Epic too easy?

jaaki

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, he rode for OPQS as a "roadie"

this means, lotsa cobbles training, gaining valuable handling skills with 25mm tyres.

he is from europe, he definitely rode a cx bike in the off-season.

started out as a true mounty.

it did not take long, actually I am surprised it took this long for a thread to pop up that was in line with looking for a discussion/fight along the lines of .. epic is t(w)o(o) easy/hard ....

I don't know much about rabon's actual MTB experience, but he's been an out and out roadie for a while - only really took this opportunity because there are less pro road slots available this season with a few teams folding. Pretty sure that suzi riding with coolharvey last year might even have had something to do with it.

But anyway, doesn't matter if he was a total noob - he's had one of the best teachers for 4 months, pretty sure his skill set is decent by now.

But any anyway, i think the really important thins is, if he does win it. will we see a few more HARDCORE type roadies trying their luck on the dirty side? sounds like a good development to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's easy like eating an icecream, but trying to figure out what type of rider stands the best chance of taking the title.

Maybe all the Giro and TDF guys will be racing it soon?

Edited by jaaki

Shurter cannot keep up with Rabon, which means its more about engine than skill?

Noooo... it's Buys that was battling to keep up with Schurter.. ;) team remember.. I think Nino has had to slow down plenty to give Buys time to catch up.

But Nino says Buys is getting faster every day.. this is a good thing

Edited by Gen

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's easy like eating an icecream, but trying to figure out what type of rider stands the best chance of taking the title.

These pro European roadies, whether they have ever touched a mountain bike or not, have more and better bike handling skills than any of us supposed "hardcore" okes have in one ball hair.

SURELY YOU MUST BE ABLE TO put one and one together, if you at that level you have pretty much spent your life on a bike, they can do more in there sleep than anyone of us can on a bike,,,

mtb skills takes years for someone who has not been on a bike to develope, ROAD TO MTB if you got that much time on a bike does not YEARS AND YEARS

These pro European roadies, whether they have ever touched a mountain bike or not, have more and better bike handling skills than any of us supposed "hardcore" okes have in one ball hair.

YOU BEAT ME TO IT

I really dont think it's gettimg easier.. I think people are preparing better. . I can promise you that Sauser would've had Rabon on trials the moment he made the switch to mtb.

And yes a pro roadie.. (riding with top teams) is no idiot on any bike.

That should improve the standard of mountain biking, the roadies that race the big tours are used to suffering for days on end.

Do u still want to borrow my flame proof suit?