Epic too easy?

jaaki

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It surely does , if it was a tough race the a few Bulls might try it . :clap:

They will have to take their training wheels off their tricycles though!

Rabon joined Sauser in December, few of the Stellenbosch MTB'ers joined Sauser's training ride and did the MTB Four Passes route. There was a very technical section where Sauser told him that he must be careful and they will wait for him at the bottom...Sauser hooked it down the technical section and when he was at the bottom Rabon was right behind him. That is where he made his decision to give Rabon invite. Only made official early Jan that Rabon will join Sauser in Epic

Some of the guys that rode with said Rabon is a "natural" MTB'er. Obviously he can improve a lot with his current skill, but he is more than capable of riding with the best in marathon races. XO would be different though...his face said it all at the prologue!! :D

** I think the MTB'er a bit jealous that a roadie can pitch up and give the hardcore MTB'ers a bit of a go! **

Edited by AuctionLamb

Rabon joined Sauser in December, few of the Stellenbosch MTB'ers joined Sauser's training ride and did the MTB Four Passes route. There was a very technical section where Sauser told him that he must be careful and they will wait for him at the bottom...Sauser hooked it down the technical section and when he was at the bottom Rabon was right behind him. That is where he made his decision to give Rabon invite. Only made official early Jan.

Some of the guys that rode with said Rabon is a "natural" MTB'er. Obviously he can improve a lot but with his current skill he is more than capable of riding with the best in marathon races. XO would be different though...his face said it all at the prologue!! :D

** I think the MTB'er a bit jealous that a roadie can pitch up and give the hardcore MTB'ers a bit of a go! **

Bit late in the fred but heck....

Why is there a misconception that roadies are soft by joe soap...Because they have ridden once or twice in the cradle and beat a housewife on a hill, thus all roadies are soft....those arent real roadies pappie.

OP it could be that he has a very lightweight bicycle or his resting hart rate of 38 OR JUST BECAUSE you can throw any of those chaps in the front onto your local postmans bike and they will demolish 99.5 % of us.

Why is there a misconception that roadies are soft by joe soap...Because they have ridden once or twice in the cradle and beat a housewife on a hill, thus all roadies are soft....those arent real roadies pappie.

Can we discuss this tomorrow rather?

I read on Sean Badenhorst twitter account this morning:

After 4 days, the 2014 Cape Epic riders have done 374km & climbed 9650 metres. They have 4 days, 355km & 8300m remaining

After halfway at last year's Cape Epic a total of 122 riders (10%) had withdrawn from the race. Cooler temps, less sand in 2014

After halfway at the 2014 Cape Epic, a total of 34 riders (less than 3%) have withdrawn from the @AbsaCapeEpic for various reasons

As a starting point, those that think roadies are soft cocks can go look at some of the pics in that nervous sheep thread. Or even watch the end of today's Catalunya stage. Apparently it's snowing.

Edited by Cellar

typical type of thread started by someone who has not ridden an ACE. Its really unfortunate that social media has created a culture of ignorance being a basis for a point of view

I haven't done and epic either and there is a reason for that... It's freaking hard.

Why can't we all just be bicyclists? Was it not Robin de Groot that also come from road racing and wom her first MTB event, anyway this past year there was a few road guys and girls that went over and doing very well.

Guest CHRIS001

there are 2 types of cyclist

1- the one that looks at others and say things

2- the ones that says SHUT UP LEGS and rides his bike

ROAD OR MTB the one that puts the hard work in will end up on top

while you all were telling me I'm talking crap, I was out doing 30mins worth of HIIT on the hills :clap:

What about that career roadie who found a new lease of life off road after racing the epic. He was a serious contender, they even made a movie about it.

Then he took EPO just to keep up.