Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

BOGGLES THE MIND WHY NO RESPONSE SURELY SOMEONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL THEM WHATS BEING SAID AND LET THEM GIVE US THERE VERSION ,,,,,,,OR IS THE TRUTH GOING TO HURT TOO MUCH

Sent them a email with this link

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This story is almost too bad to be true, borders on bizarre, that a bike shop thats been around a long time can do something like this, and shaft the customer of five years when he complaints?? now i just wonder, are we SURE THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS DAY, maybe somebody is hacking at either the bike shop or Andrew or both??? sorry if i am wrong, dont want to discredit the OP if its for real but its almost TOO bad to believe

Seems strange to start an April fools prank on the 31 March (see start of thread). Also playing with someones business is not a very tasteful practical joke!

Somehow dont think so.

Edited by Ride it

Seems strange to start an April fools prank on the 31 March (see start of thread). Also playing with someones business is not a very tasteful practical joke!

Somehow dont think so.

sjoe then its really dissapointing, they have quite a big club too, stupid to do things like that which damages your well established business forever, and i would imagine ASG should be concerned here too.

Edited by Tjokkits

When did you last check, why did you check, and what's your point? The OP got diddled by a "reputable LBS", it's neither fair nor pleasant. Price is irrelevant.

I Don't want to get into a slinging match here. Yes I agree that "the OP got diddled by a "reputable LBS", it's neither fair nor pleasant."

I checked at the beginning of the year, I checked for a customer who was looking for and upgrade. As I don't know the OP's exact build spec I can't determine value, but if it's value would have been +-150K if all the parts were legitimate then maybe Cycle Science assumed that the OP knew what he was getting if he payed 91K? Now this is no excuse and wrong on so many levels it's shocking and I am deeply saddened hear that this happening in the industry.

Thank you, to those of you gave some good advice on how to get my money back and some words of encouragement. This has been a lugubrious experience to put it politely.

..............While I am disappointing you Neil Armstrong really did walk on the moon.

I like this guy already (even if I did have to go to wiktionary to look up the word lugubrious). Please stick around, there's a bit of an unfair stereotype around the general Dogma rider with a high seeding index - but they sure do help keep the LBS afloat.

He knows his Armstrongs from his Gundersons too, what a wonderful world.

Sent them a email with this link

They are very busy hiding all their fake stock before the Polizei arrive

I Don't want to get into a slinging match here. Yes I agree that "the OP got diddled by a "reputable LBS", it's neither fair nor pleasant."

I checked at the beginning of the year, I checked for a customer who was looking for and upgrade. As I don't know the OP's exact build spec I can't determine value, but if it's value would have been +-150K if all the parts were legitimate then maybe Cycle Science assumed that the OP knew what he was getting if he payed 91K? Now this is no excuse and wrong on so many levels it's shocking and I am deeply saddened hear that this happening in the industry.

Dogma 65.1 frame is +/-R46k so final price will depend on wheels, groupset etc.

NO WHERE HAS THE OP MENTIONED WHAT HE PAID FOR THE BIKE. THE 91K FIGURE WAS STARTED BY ANOTHER POSTER (LIVE5 @22;50) AND EVERYONE HAS RUN WITH IT.

Edited by jcmeyerSS

....ever

Or until they gave their side of the story?

Ever! If somebody sells fake goods, it hurts the importer, the economy, and the cyclist that bought it at almost an original one's price. My 2c

Just phoned Cycle Science and spoke to Robbie

They are unaware of this thread

Suggested they check it out so let's see what happens

Will they pressure thehubsa to delete the link?

NO WHERE HAS THE OP MENTIONED WHAT HE PAID FOR THE BIKE. THE 91K FIGURE WAS STARTED BY ANOTHER POSTER AND EVERYONE HAS RUN WITH IT.

Genau!

Andrew A. needs to reveal what he paid and what the invoice says he was sold.

If it says Pinarello or Plastic bicycle will be the critical factor.

Will they pressure thehubsa to delete the link?

Hub policy on fakes is clear. Report it.