Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Yes they do. Next time you're bleeding through your eyeballs, trying to hang onto my wheel, have a good look at that 26" infront of you. :whistling: :ph34r:

Oooh. Nino I thought you were on a 27.5?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it should be awesome experience. In 2010 I Order my dream bike from Mr.LOOK, a 585 Optimum. I liked the classic LOOK, I liked the geometry, even had my finger on order with Van NIcolas for a full custom I designed myself, but thansk to their dithering I found that the 585 Optimum had very similar geometry that I as after.

I spome directly to Mr.LOOK and nominated my LBS (who was a bit reluctant to sell me anything other than a Spec.....). MR LOOK informed it would take about3-4months for my fram to arrive, would I mind riding his bike till I received mine...!???? Heck ok I was expecting a older machine, instead he lone me his 595!

My frameset arrived about 3.5months later and I assembled it myself. Thats what the experience should be like.

On Surround Sound, I once sat in the Praalder, Theresiastraat (Den Haag) for an entire Saturday listening to various combo's.Not once did the salesman loose patience. Even ordered coffee and sandwiches while we played. I walked out with a full set of Mordaunt Short Declaration speakers and NAD AV kit.

There is good honest service in the world, just not at CS.

Agree, Mr LOOK is passionate about his product and offers good service Edited by LOOK695

I think we are going to have to see some pics of said garden and surround sound once installed/ finished!

I hope this post isn't contrary to Hub etiquette, I know I was flamed a few times early on...

Wow, 91,000 views, if Cycle Science had the ‘the prescience of Joseph when dealing the Pharaohs’ they would have refunded me when I asked and stopped selling fake bikes and accessories. Instead they have 91,000 plagues upon them. There is no going back to business as usual.

I am extremely grateful to my attorney Ben de Beer for ensuring my legal ducks were in order before exposing this fraud. ‘I would much rather have Ben inside my tent pissing out than outside pissing in’ that is for sure.

We met with Carte Blanche on Tuesday after I posted on The Hub Monday afternoon. I flew out on Wednesday evening. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have an institution like The Hub and Carte Blanche that is prepared to provide a platform and expose wrongdoing. Of course this may well be the tip of the iceberg but at least we know cycling retailing isn’t all the plain sailing we, or at least I, thought it was.

Perhaps cycling retailers will become more professional and expose fake bikes and accessories when servicing them. Perhaps manufacturers and agents will protect their own brand equity. I still don’t know whether my Kask helmet is genuine, how can I tell? I would prefer to find out before I fall off.

As testimony to how naïve I was about cycling retailing I didn’t even know about The Hub until last week. All I wanted was to buy my dream bike from my LBS, it should be a fun experience like buying surround sound.

Note to self: Perhaps surround sound before doing the garden.

I'm not reading the zillion page thread to see if what I say below has already been posited, but I struggle to think this is an isolated incident and that Cycle Science are the only shop that have worked out the profit involved in this sort of endeavor.

It is incredibly difficult to spot a fake, and as you say, like all of us, you just wanted your dream bike.

You also deserve great commendation for the way you conducted yourself even when the hub's troll tribe was casting aspersions about your character.

I hope this post isn't contrary to Hub etiquette, I know I was flamed a few times early on...

Wow, 91,000 views, if Cycle Science had the ‘the prescience of Joseph when dealing the Pharaohs’ they would have refunded me when I asked and stopped selling fake bikes and accessories. Instead they have 91,000 plagues upon them. There is no going back to business as usual.

I am extremely grateful to my attorney Ben de Beer for ensuring my legal ducks were in order before exposing this fraud. ‘I would much rather have Ben inside my tent pissing out than outside pissing in’ that is for sure.

We met with Carte Blanche on Tuesday after I posted on The Hub Monday afternoon. I flew out on Wednesday evening. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have an institution like The Hub and Carte Blanche that is prepared to provide a platform and expose wrongdoing. Of course this may well be the tip of the iceberg but at least we know cycling retailing isn’t all the plain sailing we, or at least I, thought it was.

Perhaps cycling retailers will become more professional and expose fake bikes and accessories when servicing them. Perhaps manufacturers and agents will protect their own brand equity. I still don’t know whether my Kask helmet is genuine, how can I tell? I would prefer to find out before I fall off.

As testimony to how naïve I was about cycling retailing I didn’t even know about The Hub until last week. All I wanted was to buy my dream bike from my LBS, it should be a fun experience like buying surround sound.

Note to self: Perhaps surround sound before doing the garden.

Interesting to see that Carte Blanche were on the case by the following day after the first post on the hub.... The power of the hub??

So I guess The Hub is going to get a mention on Carte Blanche huh, that's going to be a big boost publicity wise huh Admin ;) (please let us know, I don't have MNet or DSTV)

Yes, the power of social media and the Interweb. People Power. #ILike But lets not forget bad info can be promulgated and permeate just as much as good info, but its the self-censoring aspect that (should) keep it in check.

Ethics in the LBS industry have been an issue for a long time. Many of us do our own servicing only because we got tired of getting ripped off for an unneeded over-priced cassette every time one took one's bike in for a service. Then there was the parts price-fixing scam. And just plain opportunistic over pricing by some. But fake posh bikes from an upmarket mall, that's a new low, and abuse of trust to a new high. How deep does that river run?

Edited by kosmonooit

And welcome to the hub Mr Armstrong, you have definitely raised the bar here.

How did you find cycling in Oz c.f. SA? I think the drivers might be a bit kinder and caring for cyclists there.

Someone PVR and share the Carte Blanche segment for us non DSTV types please.

+1

Not been able to find a stream for MNet yet!!!

If anyone knows one, please share.

Edited by heyyou

How did you find cycling in Oz c.f. SA? I think the drivers might be a bit kinder and caring for cyclists there.

The love affair between cyclists and motorists are rof down there.

Not too dissimilar to SA, sadly.

Mate, they actively hunt you down there and aren't shy of just giving you verbal for no reason. They love a bit of road rage against a cyclist. There was an incident where a guy turned around to plow through a group of cyclists a few years back. Group included a couple of AIS commonwealth riders, he was happy to front up on court and tell it like he saw it as well. 2 weeks back, group of 6 nailed by an xTrail near the Airport in Botany.

I'd be more happy riding the roads from Caledon to Bredasdorp that riding from Waterfall through to Royal National Park on a Sunday Morning!

So....

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Blue pill or red one?

Hmmmmmmm..........

Very good question, Morpheus.

What is the truth?

Can anyone confirm that it's today's Carte Blanche where the exposé will be showed?

While bike manufacturers continue to seek cheap labour in China and top dollar on the retail floor, rejects will continue to filter out of the side doors of those factories.

If anyone thinks a Chinese factory destroys its salable rejects they're living in lala land. They throw nothing away that has value and rejects do have value.

China is full of factories capable of making carbon frames. A factory with a contract to make thousands of frames for a major bike brand is not going to jeopardise that by selling rejects out the back door.

There are many factories queueing up for a Spez or Pina manufactoring order. The value of those orders dwarf the value to be gained by selling off a couple of rejects. The brand damage by doing so is huge, and would be grounds for instant cancellation

Besides which, all reputable brands carefully supervise the work happening on their behalf.

Edited by eddy