Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Why only 2 months ? Know of someone that was very windgat on his 125. Grown-up now , but in a wheelchair , due to his antis.

I had one, for all of two months! Bored it to a 165cc, it killed all the other 125s at the "dices"

This exact one:

http://img.bikebros.co.jp/vb_img/guide/img/cagiva/01/main.jpg

Why only 2 months ? Know of someone that was very windgat on his 125. Grown-up now , but in a wheelchair , due to his antics. Edited by Tromp

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cagiva brand is owned by MV Agusta, no word on whether they will produce under the Cagiva name again. Sad.......

It will, but not quite what any of us are hoping for:

We are cautious to label this endeavor however, as the new Cagiva will operate in a segment of vehicle that hasn’t really been created yet – a type of electric two-wheeler that is somewhere between an e-bike and a full-blown electric motorcycle, like what Alta and Zero are producing.

Why only 2 months ? Know of someone that was very windgat on his 125. Grown-up now , but in a wheelchair , due to his antics.

There starter motor kept breaking, and I had a RG125 too, which wasn't as cool, but it never broke.  And besides, the RS250 had just arrived, so I only had eyes for that.

There starter motor kept breaking, and I had a RG125 too, which wasn't as cool, but it never broke.  And besides, the RS250 had just arrived, so I only had eyes for that.

I had the Mito growing up - it ran like a beauty!

Never a days hassles and everyone else thought i was a chief pulling in on it.

I had a mate on the older RS125 which didnt compare.

He then upgraded to the purple and red RS250 which was a work of art.

Also so happened to write it off in front of me locking the front and getting thrown over the handlebars - sad day for that bike.....

damned ... and I had a old 125cc Suzuki something or other that I bought for R600 and ended up pushing it more often than not!

was still the best damned bike in the world for me back then!

This was my dream - I was down in Durban at the time studying and Perry Yamaha had a display at the Wheel.  They had just been released.  For someone who had a 350LC at the time, the 3XV looked like it had been beamed in from the future.  I remember the green panels as if it was yesterday.

I almost bought one about 3 years ago, but was advised not to by my mates at Shimwells who reckoned the parts are horrendously expensive - even for the dealers.  A rebuild on an engine can top R40k alone.

At least the TRX shares the same headlight so they do look fairly similar!

post-15215-0-02749300-1541582531_thumb.jpg

Andy, I had a '89 model 3MA, if I recall correctly, it looked exactly like the one in your photo (will have to dig through my albums to see if I still have a photo of it)

That thing was the bees knees, with it's twin reversed engine (carbs in front, exhausts exiting the rear)

Unfortunately I only had it for a few months, before it got liberated from outside a shopping centre (the suspicion is that someone just stopped next to it with a panelvan, okes jumped out and loaded it and then drove off, all over within a few seconds.) Never to be seen again. 

Andy, I had a '89 model 3MA, if I recall correctly, it looked exactly like the one in your photo (will have to dig through my albums to see if I still have a photo of it)

That thing was the bees knees, with it's twin reversed engine (carbs in front, exhausts exiting the rear)

Unfortunately I only had it for a few months, before it got liberated from outside a shopping centre (the suspicion is that someone just stopped next to it with a panelvan, okes jumped out and loaded it and then drove off, all over within a few seconds.) Never to be seen again. 

That is still the way affirmative shopping is done when it comes to bikes. 

Sad,indeed .Remember the Cagiva Mito 125 2 stroke ? Mini Ducati 916.....many wet dreams !

I know of a neat lucky strike coloured 7 speed going for R20k..........

This was my dream - I was down in Durban at the time studying and Perry Yamaha had a display at the Wheel.  They had just been released.  For someone who had a 350LC at the time, the 3XV looked like it had been beamed in from the future.  I remember the green panels as if it was yesterday.

I almost bought one about 3 years ago, but was advised not to by my mates at Shimwells who reckoned the parts are horrendously expensive - even for the dealers.  A rebuild on an engine can top R40k alone.

At least the TRX shares the same headlight so they do look fairly similar!

Those 3xv's are very sought after amongst the collectors, especially the SP models. The regular ones go for upwards of R75k, seen one sold for R100k too, all depends on history, spec, etc.......

its a sad day in the Fork household. discussions were had and hard decisions made. Apparently university and res fees are more important than motorbikes and so the GS has to go. The way prices are rocketing I doubt whether i will ever be able to replace it. This adult thing sucks big time.

:( :( :(

This ^^^^^^sucks, happened to me a few times before, motorbikes, full suspention mtb, 4x4s, 4x4 trailer and caravan. But life goes on and I've learned to cope with my old and trusted ht mtb. Luckily every dark cloud has a silver lining and one day, I'll have my motorcycle again.

This ^^^^^^sucks, happened to me a few times before, motorbikes, full suspention mtb, 4x4s, 4x4 trailer and caravan. But life goes on and I've learned to cope with my old and trusted ht mtb. Luckily every dark cloud has a silver lining and one day, I'll have my motorcycle again.

Such is life hey Bennie, it's a constant battle between "need to have" and "nice to have" and many times when you finally have some spare funds for "nice to have" it's not long before you have sell it again to help fund a "need to have".

Of iets soos daai.[emoji6]

My bike is still broken, replaced the coil but that was not the problem.

Took it to a mechanic friend of mine who is certain it's a faulty CDI. He didn't yet get round to my bike when I went to pick it up on Friday, but I wanted the bike at home for some other work on it over the weekend.

He quickly tried a replacement CDI from a different bike and got it going, but the timing order on that CDI is way off so he'll try to find the right one this coming week.

The above mentioned other work on the bike was to fabricate a set of pannier racks for my soft luggage bags.

I'd baught the material a while ago but just haven't gotten round to it.

Soon after I started I realised more my original plan wasn't going to work so I started making it up as I went along and this is what I ended up with.

Not quite done yet as I got some advice to put a few eyelids on to secure rope to if I wanted to tie something down. Will post a few more pics when I get round to doing so.4c84fbe57e99ff0ac238cc368e3b7b63.jpg82fb5bb26f719c92d87a6f906d09a681.jpg37d76c9a45aab7d38080c4859a460fda.jpg4c89c20dc61cd307fcb791e862a438e2.jpg749db6d0024825180dd50321f7321c7d.jpg86f2f8c269673e841888ee33f6d57410.jpg

The 3MA was a little different. Slightly smoother fairings and had the two pipes under the seat like the RZ500. 3MA didn’t have side mounted pipes like 3XV.

I would go out on a limb and say that for its day, the 3MA was a better bike than any of the later TZRs