Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Only a leatherman. And if going longer distance a tin of tyre weld. 

The big issue is that most of the harleys bolts are imperial sizes and i have a shed full of metric tools. 

REality is if anything goes wrong i call recovery. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Only a leatherman. And if going longer distance a tin of tyre weld. 

The big issue is that most of the harleys bolts are imperial sizes and i have a shed full of metric tools. 

REality is if anything goes wrong i call recovery. 

I am thinking of only carrying a bomb or two, tyre plugs, shifting spanner and maybe a screwdriver

This is not aimed at anyone on this forum. It's more of a general observation. Why do people always feel the need to counter suggest bikes/vehicles. Like when a person says I am buying a KTM. Then you hear how **** KTM and you need to rather get a BMW and so on. Same for cars.

Last year on one of our group MTB rides, I mentioned to the one guy I can't wait to get my Harley. He turns around and says you can get way better options and starts suggesting alternatives.

I replied " when you get to spend my money on something I want for myself, then you get to make the suggestions". I must of upset him as that was the last ride he did with us ????

13 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

This is not aimed at anyone on this forum. It's more of a general observation. Why do people always feel the need to counter suggest bikes/vehicles. Like when a person says I am buying a KTM. Then you hear how **** KTM and you need to rather get a BMW and so on. Same for cars.

Last year on one of our group MTB rides, I mentioned to the one guy I can't wait to get my Harley. He turns around and says you can get way better options and starts suggesting alternatives.

I replied " when you get to spend my money on something I want for myself, then you get to make the suggestions". I must of upset him as that was the last ride he did with us ????

same could be said for when people are shopping for bicycles too I suppose

To add, my one friend with a world of experience on large enduro / touring bikes used to make HD jokes when I started looking ... the last year though, he has also been eyeing out HD's and even more so now that I am getting mine

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

I am thinking of only carrying a bomb or two, tyre plugs, shifting spanner and maybe a screwdriver

That’s enough really. Old days of cutting a stuk draad to sort out your broken bonie long gone. Only still happens in Charlie coopers head. 

4 hours ago, WaynejG said:

One had to validate ones view. It’s everywhere an even included in the coronavirus thread. It’s how we roll as humans. 

18 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

That’s enough really. Old days of cutting a stuk draad to sort out your broken bonie long gone. Only still happens in Charlie coopers head. 

Or perhaps if I am out on the KLR!

21 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Yea I hate that.

"I've narrowed my choice down to A or B.  Can anyone give me some feedback on either of those two please?"

"You should get C"

"C is crap - you really need D"

I am not going to be doing this anytime soon ... but have you riff raff sticker bomed a helmet yet?

This lady and her husband also do a couple of road trip vids and she has a unique way of mounting her chest cam.

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I am not going to be doing this anytime soon ... but have you riff raff sticker bomed a helmet yet?

This lady and her husband also do a couple of road trip vids and she has a unique way of mounting her chest cam.

I have a couple on my mtb lid. Want to ad more.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Ace is gonna vibe tonight. 

B161E1DE-CEA0-4BF1-9BAB-5191D5D0F757.jpeg

42D1CA6A-1C2C-45D3-A0E6-D27EE8894A55.jpeg

????Pielkoppe. I remember them from my old rally days...