Who else is sick at the moment?

Vit c

Echinacae

Omega 3

this my daily routine for years now and not had a flu in years and years until now.

Getting cold and wet at newlands in the winter throng .... schoolboy error.

5 days in ...

Read somewhere on the hub here...that ze Skyborgs pop some Vitamin C daily...amongst other thing....anyways I've been doing the same...and no colds for the last year and a bit.... ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been sick for the past 3 week.

First flu (full blown fever and down for 3 days) Laryngitis, and a very bad sleep pattern due to a post nasal drip plaguing me. So I will wake up 3 to 5 times per night with my body thinking I stopped breathing, and that plunges me into full panic mode.

In effect I am off the bike, and weight gain is the forte at the moment [emoji19] and getting home after dark does not add much. And I am starting to see some indication of depression creeping in as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

First flu (full blown fever and down for 3 days) Laryngitis, and a very bad sleep pattern due to a post nasal drip plaguing me. So I will wake up 3 to 5 times per night with my body thinking I stopped breathing, and that plunges me into full panic mode.

In effect I am off the bike, and weight gain is the forte at the moment [emoji19] and getting home after dark does not add much. And I am starting to see some indication of depression creeping in as well

Don't fight the depression with eating, although that's generally most peoples "go to" option. Including mine :-(

At least you are aware of the signs - that's the important part. But don't fight it with eating, that's just the start of a very negative spiral. Try get out, rearrange the garage, pick a project you can do while you are a bit sick to keep the boredom at bay....

Sounds a bit like sleep apnea, but hopefully if you get the post nasal sorted you'll be ok. Maybe supplement with some Vitamin D for the lack of sunshine.

Sounds a bit like sleep apnea, but hopefully if you get the post nasal sorted you'll be ok. Maybe supplement with some Vitamin D for the lack of sunshine.

Sounds more like a cold

Take a tablet for gods sake before you die

Enter the hub TDF competition, spend hours sweating about which riders to select and when to substitute them and then spend hours watching them disobey your wishes live on TV

Edited by SwissVan

• 2 weeks later...

When is it ok to train when sick?

Woke up this morning with a spotty nose and swollen glands.Is it ok to do an easy ride?

Vit c

Echinacae

Omega 3

this my daily routine for years now and not had a flu in years and years until now.

Getting cold and wet at newlands in the winter throng .... schoolboy error.

5 days in ...

Been using that plus a multivitamin for the past 2 weeks but doesn't seem to have helped.Maybe needs more time to build up the immune system.

Seems  everyone reacts differently to both the various meds available and to training or not training when feeling under the weather.

So, although there are some "Rules of Thumb" they are not concrete.

When is it ok to train when sick?

Woke up this morning with a spotty nose and swollen glands.Is it ok to do an easy ride?

With swollen glands, I wouldn't. Your body is fighting an infection / virus. Don't tax it unnecessarily.

Been of the bike for a week now. Upper respiratory infection. First sickness this year. Also started using echinaforce a few months back. Seems to help as I would normally be the first one to get sick in the family. I also appear to have gotten better faster as it is normally 2 weeks min. Will hopefully be back on the bike tomorrow for a easy commute. Hope all get better soon!

With swollen glands, I wouldn't. Your body is fighting an infection / virus. Don't tax it unnecessarily.

Stayed in bed most of the day and feeling better today :thumbup: