This is why cyclist are hated

Cois

Hoot and i am sure they will move over?

If not then make an issue of it.

It can become difficult to actually here a vehicle coming from behind with the wind rushing over your ears :)

Edited by feetup

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I would know the hate for cyclist. I was hit on the bike so many time. Just this morning a woman tried to take me out by driving in the yellow lane to get to Wilgers hospital. And she then told me to f off the roads.

And lets not mention the guy showing that he will put a gun to my head and pull the trigger, because I refused to pass the cyclist yesterday.

But good. Go ahead. Stoke the hate. Piss off all the impatient people.

And go on the forums out there and look how much love there is for us, the people with skinny pants and thin wheels. The MTB gang that uses the toad, riding 4 to 7 cyclist deep with no regard to the traffic. Oh and good luck to the fellow commuters. The weekend warriors do not care if they piss off people on weekends. They don't have to use their bikes to get to work. They do not care for stoking hate...

Although I actually agree with you that what they did was not smart, and very probably exacerbates motorist aggression towards cyclists, I don't get your hostility to others in this post. You need to wind your neck in. Don't be a part of the problem, rather offer a solution.

If the club in question is so concerned about cyclist safety, then their actions do not demonstrate it. Using an unmarked car to drag traffic to a halt on a very narrow, and clearly busy road INVITES dangerous driving behaviour - it is plain and simply stupid. If they have suffered fatalities, then organise rides where there is more space, use a branded or marked vehicle, and make sure the route tries to stay off busy or narrow roads. DO NOT assume that you have this self-entitled right to do as you please - people who have suffered loss or damage sadly develop (dare I say it) an unhealthy sense of entitlement, but this will NOT protect you from injury when a p1ssed off driver goes over your head - be smart. Stop thinking you have rights - you probably do, but cars don't care

Edited by Pabloesque

That's just the problem in RSA ,when someone disagrees with us we get all aggresive and think we can get our way by acting "macho" :thumbdown:

Why don't the cars that the follow the cyclists use those LED boards in the back window so you can let people know there are cyclists ahead, please slow down? If something looks more official people tend to be more calm I think?

Although I actually agree with you that what they did was not smart, and very probably exacerbates motorist aggression towards cyclists, I don't get your hostility to others in this post. You need to wind your neck in. Don't be a part of the problem, rather offer a solution.

If the club in question is so concerned about cyclist safety, then their actions do not demonstrate it. Using an unmarked car to drag traffic to a halt on a very narrow, and clearly busy road INVITES dangerous driving behaviour - it is plain and simply stupid. If they have suffered fatalities, then organise rides where there is more space, use a branded or marked vehicle, and make sure the route tries to stay off busy or narrow roads. DO NOT assume that you have this self-entitled right to do as you please - people who have suffered loss or damage sadly develop (dare I say it) an unhealthy sense of entitlement, but this will NOT protect you from injury when a p1ssed off driver goes over your head - be smart. Stop thinking you have rights - you probably do, but cars don't care

Not going to read the handbag slinging contest above, but do any of you realise that Bruce's son died while out training a few years ago? I have met Bruce on a few occasions and must say that I have huge respect for how he handled the tragedy.

...but the black guy behind me that tried to pass me will not have any respect for these guys.

Maybe I should have let the crazy angry black man pass, killing all the cyclist.

Just had to do that, didn't you?

Seems like your intolerance and hostility towards others, be it cyclists, "blacks" or even your fiancee (yah, the one who was the subject of your previous rant...) knows no bounds.

YOU - should chill-out buddy :thumbup: .

And the reason I will never go to Bruce Reyneke Cycles again

post-686-1408870801,2215.jpg

post-686-1408870871,4048.jpg

Well done you idiots. You just pissed off about 15 cars.

Keep up the good work you idiots!

Whats more dangerous - riding 4 abreast with a safety car behind OR tacking pictures with a cell phone while driving???

They are roadies.

They cant help it.

Its a sickness.

Rather leave them alone.

Otherwise.

They may spit at you, swear at you or throw a bottle at you.

Maybe even all three

for the life of me i cant think why you been taken out twice with that attitude :whistling: :whistling: :ph34r:

So they kept you waiting for 10min. 15min? 20min? Probably close to 1min. They are alive. You might be a short tempered 1min late motorist being pissed off but fact of the matter is. They are alive. If they were single file without a following car you probably would have sped past within mm of them trying to make up your 1min to get to go the church or where ever you impatient motorist go. Would it have been a tractor or truck you would not have gone to a motoring forum and bitched about it. Cyclist is different animal. I am glad the cyclists are alive. My 29year old friend that was killed last Saturday due to an impatient motorist is not so luck and I wished he would have rather pissed off impatient motorists than to obey the rules and die. But that is just me. Carry on.

post-5386-1408947617,3564.jpg

On a road with no shoulder where cars have to cross into oncoming traffic this is how you should ride as it makes it easier for cars to pass when it is safe. Otherwise you get pushed off the road.

Till someone tells you it's illegal.

But yes, it's the best solution.

Till someone tells you it's illegal.

But yes, it's the best solution.

All we ask for is application of a bit of common sense, but in the red mist of road rage SA drivers find themselves all the time it is probably too much to ask for...

Edited by GLuvsMtb

So they kept you waiting for 10min. 15min? 20min? Probably close to 1min. They are alive. You might be a short tempered 1min late motorist being pissed off but fact of the matter is. They are alive. If they were single file without a following car you probably would have sped past within mm of them trying to make up your 1min to get to go the church or where ever you impatient motorist go. Would it have been a tractor or truck you would not have gone to a motoring forum and bitched about it. Cyclist is different animal. I am glad the cyclists are alive. My 29year old friend that was killed last Saturday due to an impatient motorist is not so luck and I wished he would have rather pissed off impatient motorists than to obey the rules and die. But that is just me. Carry on.

Even though I didn`t know your friend I was very saddened when I heard the news, it was just to close to home for me with myself and friends cycling on that very piece of road almost every week. So I agree with what you said rather piss of some motorists and get home safe!

The whole incident had me thinking last week, how can we get South Africa or Pretoria for that matter more commuter/cycling friendly? Do we start engaging with the government and asking for shoulders on all the roads? What can we do?

Road is in equestria. Very narrow roads, no yellow line and s crap load of roadworks just adding to the frustration and hate. Maybe I should have let the crazy angry black man pass, killing all the cyclist.

That would have made a cool clip on youtube

Now I can understand why people kill cyclist. Every one having 0 respect for the law deserves to be killed (and here I am counting myself into the equation) if I disregard the law and get killed it is my own problem.

I hope you also made a post about the motorist (dunno what his race has to do with it) behind you ........ :whistling:

End of the day. . If our roads were safer things would be different.. weekly there is a story if a cyclist getting knocked down or killed on the roads.

This is also the reason I ride a mtb, I am not going to lose my life because of an idiot driver.

Edited by Gen