Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

Guest notmyname

I've wondered about the safety of that fence aswell,but I always take someone with to lessen the odds.I dont have to be faster than the lion,I just have to be faster than the other guy.[emoji48]

Hahaha, taking no pain, no gain to the next level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a bike to be proud of enough to post :). Was lucky to find some good deals 2nd hand, ending up with 70-80% of the components that I wanted.

Upgrades that I'm looking to do asap are a dropper post, better rotors, and maybe saddle and a chainguide.

Components (with credit for those interested):

Giant Trance 2015 + RS Monarch RT3 (from Dubbelbuys)

RS Pike RCT3 (from Mappy with 2016 decals from Tyreone that I seemingly put on while drunk  :ph34r:)

FUNN/ODI cockpit (from Bibi)

Shimano SLX brakes (also from Dubbelbuys)

Shimano M8000 XT shifter, 11-42T cassette, rear mech and chain (Evobikes)

SRAM X1 1x11 drivetrain + BB (Evobikes)

SR Inferno 29 wheelset on Hopes from Bibi, trued by your friendly neighbourhood Trailhead

Unfortunately I've only had one maiden ride but loved it, immeasurable improvement over my previous ride, looking forward to many more.

Oh and still need to do some work on cable routing on the brakes.

post-51612-0-58410300-1442301724_thumb.jpg

post-51612-0-52863700-1442301727_thumb.jpg

Finally a bike to be proud of enough to post :). Was lucky to find some good deals 2nd hand, ending up with 70-80% of the components that I wanted.

Upgrades that I'm looking to do asap are a dropper post, better rotors, and maybe saddle and a chainguide.

Components (with credit for those interested):

Giant Trance 2015 + RS Monarch RT3 (from Dubbelbuys)

RS Pike RCT3 (from Mappy with 2016 decals from Tyreone that I seemingly put on while drunk  :ph34r:)

FUNN/ODI cockpit (from Bibi)

Shimano SLX brakes (also from Dubbelbuys)

Shimano M8000 XT shifter, 11-42T cassette, rear mech and chain (Evobikes)

SRAM X1 1x11 drivetrain + BB (Evobikes)

SR Inferno 29 wheelset on Hopes from Bibi, trued by your friendly neighbourhood Trailhead

Unfortunately I've only had one maiden ride but loved it, immeasurable improvement over my previous ride, looking forward to many more.

Oh and still need to do some work on cable routing on the brakes.

Are you running those rims tubeless?

@Eddy: Yup, 'twas an interesting experience to say the least, especially since I was coming from a set of Stan's/Schwalbe that sealed without effort.

Used regular yellow rim tape on both (single layer) with some or other sealant (greenish bottle, pretty common).

Front 2.3 Vigilante (regular TCS) seated with a floor pump and zero sealant, even got that very satisfying *klink* when the bead sat.

Rear 2.25 Trail Boss (TCS Tough) was tricky, there was always a place where air could escape, twice I had to take it to my LBS to to use an air compressor.

I think it was mostly due to the rear tyre having a tougher casing, and slightly narrower profile that made it more difficult. I could've added another layer of rim tape to increase tightness, or ran first with a tube under high pressure (even leave it in the sun for a day) to get the tyre walls to expand and get rid of any kinks in the bead itself.

Ultimately though I haven't yet regretted going for the cheaper option, but ask me again if I ever get a flat and have to macguyver it mid-trail :P.

Ok so this one has been in here before, 

but she has had a make over at the hands of Bogus, 

and looking smoking hot !!

That is seriously HOTT!!!

Ok so this one has been in here before,

but she has had a make over at the hands of Bogus,

and looking smoking hot !!

Damn but that's seriously nice. Makes you want to think twice before riding it. Bogus' work really is a work of art