Sani2c 2016

Squier

Saw a nasty car accident on way from coast. Looked like a green branded SUV maybe rav 4 lying in the farmlands. Trailer with bikes on its side. Ambulance an emergency workers attending. Trust everyone ok.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but the food for me was not really that good. Cold hard boiled eggs on the last day. Not great. Will stick to my local stage races. Otherwise great. Farmer Glen is a stella bloke. Got my picture with him.

Seriously????

You must get out more!!

Every meal had great many options!!

Was my 1st Sani2C - did the race version.

What a great race in every aspect - they really do take special care of the riders.

Was a great way to introduce my 26er HT to the stage race scene. 

Seriously????

You must get out more!!

Every meal had great many options!!

Best food you'll get at any Stage Race (waterpoints & racing villages). If you want to whine over a cold boiled egg rather stick to your local races wherever that may be.

This was my first Sani & stage race. My total time was around 16½ hours on the 26” with flats (Race)

How the hell do they manage to get the logistics & catering for 4500 divas so right? Wow!

The track, food, kit, water points, toilets, etc exceeded our wildest expectations

We were privileged to ride with some really cool people in N, K & L batch. I hope to ride with them again in upcoming races

Great event considering the number of participants and the point to point nature of the event. I can only assume (yes I know I should never assume anything) that copperhead is comparing to Tankwa, which set the standard in terms of organisation, catering and route. To be fair Tankwa is based in one location and much smaller with around 700 riders. 

Well, I had a blast! Enjoyed the 2nd and last day more as it suited the fatty more. I rode all the way up "push of a climb" and made it up 95% of "work to be done" before another guy stepped in front of me while pushing.

We were looking forward to the famed Karan Steaks at Jolivet, but the gas braais were a little hot and the steaks got seared badly (mine and my BIL's in any case).

Slick organisation in 99.9% of the cases.

Last water bridge with the humps was a hoot...

Sho sho sho. What a race! This was my fist fortunate opportunity to ride the mind blowing trails. Now I know what the fuss was about. It was unbelievable and I don’t know how I will be able to get back the routes around my valley.

Food, great. Vibe, fantastic. Route, unbelievable (and I bled through my eyeballs on day 2). Some nice touches was the showers at the end. I drove back right after the race and it was lekker to do it clean. The gifts we got was second to none! On day two I woke early just to get to the chill zone and take the whole vibe of race day in whilst having some coffee and crunchy cookies (super addictive those little pieces of heaven).

If I have to pick something that needs improvement (and this is only nit-picking), I would have to say the process regarding the car shuttle pickup. The drop-off went without a hitch, it was only at the end that I could not find the shuttle to take me to the school. What would be great is if they could give you a black bag (or just take your own in your trommel), dump your stuff in it and the minibus have some way of transporting your bike. Then when you get to your car you are sorted and don’t need to pickle all the way back to get your stuff. But like I said, that’s not a biggy.

What was a biggy is the way we were treated during the race. Its cannot get better than Sani2C. The race village was just superb! As I am sitting here I have serious after-the-race-blues. Its still another year before the next one! A whole bloody year!

Sorry but the food for me was not really that good. Cold hard boiled eggs on the last day. Not great. Will stick to my local stage races. Otherwise great. Farmer Glen is a stella bloke. Got my picture with him.

Sjeim................

Done quite a few stage races. This was my first and last Sani. From what I heard the food was suppose to be brilliant. Maybe there were many options but for me breakfast is bacon and eggs. Cold boiled eggs doesn't cut it for me. as I said the race itself was fun. The rest of it was definitely good.

At W2W yet get a lot more selection for warm morning food. And thanks for your input I certainly will stick to my local stage races.

Many riders these days prefer a low-carb option. I would also have been disappointed if the only low-carb option was a cold boiled egg, and apart from packing your own biltong and cheese for breakfast, there are not many low carb options when you are out in the sticks. These days race organisers collect so much information from us. It would be valuable if dietary requirements are recorded and catered for where there is a demand.

Many riders these days prefer a low-carb option. I would also have been disappointed if the only low-carb option was a cold boiled egg, and apart from packing your own biltong and cheese for breakfast, there are not many low carb options when you are out in the sticks. These days race organisers collect so much information from us. It would be valuable if dietary requirements are recorded and catered for where there is a demand.

There was a "Special Diet" section ay Sani. So you could always make prior arrangements. Plus there was yoghurt, Borrie etc etc.

It was, actually catered for within reason:

Eggs where available in the table, with cheese and cold meats.  If you wanted a worse roll, they had the most awesome pork sausages, with or without a bun....for high or low carb options.

Can't believe that people still opt for this when their bodies need fuel 

How the hell do they manage to get the logistics & catering for 4500 divas so right? Wow!

Love that term  :thumbup: & always enjoy the post-Sani moaning freds..

Can't help but wonder what the 100's of people on the waiting list who didn't have the privilege to do this event would make of okes moaning about getting cold eggs in the morning... 

Good thing the moaner have the W2W here in the WC where everybody loved the food... (well at the very least we got warm eggs for breakfast)

Love that term  :thumbup: & always enjoy the post-Sani moaning freds..

Can't help but wonder what the 100's of people on the waiting list who didn't have the privilege to do this event would make of okes moaning about getting cold eggs in the morning... 

Good thing the moaner have the W2W here in the WC where everybody loved the food... (well at the very least we got warm eggs for breakfast)

Agreed. Awesome Venues, Unlimited food & drink, Free Wi-Fi, Amazing kit & Almost no congestion on the trails.

I’m pretty sure that the staff would gladly have heated-up the eggs if they were asked?