Re Spray by Bogus Designs

If you want to flame the okes work then at least post some photos of the work and include a few close-ups.

100%

i will likely see the bike again in this weekend.

i'll take a bunch of pictures and post here

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... my dad and i both both a little disappointed in his work on his Look 595.

the new paint lines seem shakey and not one clean line.

not sure its as good as it could be, but i suppose it is what it is. maybe i'm to much of a perfectionist.

i will post a few pictures to show what i mean

Have you discussed this with Anton ?

What does he say about it?

(Before you openly flame him here on a Friday...)

I am extremely fussy over lots of stuff especially when it comes to service/sales from a company. If i dont like the way I am treated, what I am getting etc, then I will never do business with you whether its in business or personal.

However I always try and address the issue first with the party concerned and then decide from there.

I think you should first chat to Bogus regarding your concerns.

Bogus is human and paints by hand so each paint job will be unique - there might even be the odd skew line. For me that is fine, for others it is an issue.

Bogus will need your bike for a while so if you need it the next weekend for a race rethink the repaint or see if he can bash it out for you.

Furbz has not flamed anyone, he has just stated his view. Let's not get all "keyboard warrior" here.

This post is about cool custom paint - let's try and keep to the topic.

My frame has been with him since January - I am in no rush. He will get to it.

^true, but i’m also considered a ‘creative’ by profession and can spot ‘paint bleed’ from a mile off, so being a perfectionist has not much to do with being ‘left or right brained’ imo. But as hinted by some already, quality and time (and cost for that matter) are directly proportional with stuff like this. I also do realize that those are sometimes the nuances of painting and masking by hand, having a descent portfolio of non bike related projects myself. The bike in question is posted in another thread and i’m not saying which as i’ll keep my pitchfork in the closet this time around....and it looks amazing anyway.

Edited by morneS555

The hard reality is that these paint jobs are ART.

and beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

As such it is inevitable that some jobs appeal more to some people than others .... when I did my homework there most certainly was a significant portion of people in the cycling industry that pointed me to other painters .... and then I got stuck with weeks of emails....

It still think that Bogus' work is some of the best out there !!  I drool  over his art work !!!

But as with any service provider he has the odd client that is not 100% happy.  Would be unrealistic to expect anything else.  The nice thing is that there are other service providers as well .... free market and all that ...

• 1 month later...

I must say I wouldn't be impressed either... I am sure it's damn hard to do perfectly, but this is definitely not what I would have expected

Sjo, that is rough looking.

Unfortunately in this case there can not be two sides to a story - if that's the quality of the finished product, and it was paid for, I would absolutely lose it if it was my bike.

Those decals were auto traced in something like illustrator - it does that if you just hit auto trace and keep the results. without actually adjusting the lines and checking against the original...

Sjo, come on Bogus, you surely must be able to spot the issues from a mile away - redo the bike for the gent.