ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling if he can prove that it can be done under controlled conditions..... then there is a good chance it will be done in a race in the not too distant future.

The mindset of many will change....

In my mind they have already broken the mental barrier... since the Nike attempt the times are charging downwards, Eliud at Berlin and now with the new 21km record.

I just hope he can break it before he starts to decline as an athlete... can't imagine he has too many years left at his peak and he's definitely the right man for the job

Going to be helluva interesting - hope those crowds can get him home!

So as there was discussion on concoctions to use whilst running (aka beetroot etc), anyone ever tried bicarb?

Seems to be the big thing at Kona this week and for this weekend.  Stuff made by AMP Human https://amphumanperformance.com/pages/learn

Brief read (will do some more investigating) is that the bicarb is an electrolyte which reduces/reacts with the build up of lactic acid.  Rubbed on as a lotion (can affect stomach)

Supposedly used by a lot of the Pro triathletes

Edited by shaper

So as there was discussion on concoctions to use whilst running (aka beetroot etc), anyone ever tried bicarb?

Seems to be the big thing at Kona this week and for this weekend.  Stuff made by AMP Human https://amphumanperformance.com/

Brief read (will do some more investigating) is that the bicarb is an electrolyte which reduces/reacts with the build up of lactic acid.  Rubbed on as a lotion (can affect stomach)

Ha ja I tried it for a while. Lactic acid buffer as you said.

I binned the idea shortly thereafter (Probably for a newer better fad!  :ph34r: ) so can't respond to any truth behind it.

Seems to be the big thing at Kona this week and for this weekend.  Stuff made by AMP Human https://amphumanperformance.com/pages/learn

Daryl Impey uses it...

Seems to be the big thing at Kona this week and for this weekend. Stuff made by AMP Human https://amphumanperformance.com/pages/learn

Brief read (will do some more investigating) is that the bicarb is an electrolyte which reduces/reacts with the build up of lactic acid. Rubbed on as a lotion (can affect stomach)

I seem to remember a pharmacist in KZN sells bicarb in capsules.

*read with a pinch of salt, in comic sans font

I saw this for the first time. Future life in a pouch. One pouch with water in, the other with the powder. Squeeze and pop the seal allows the 2 too mix together.

324c96dcbfcd11eed857850577600402.jpg

Edited by Khronis

Have a feeling if he can prove that it can be done under controlled conditions..... then there is a good chance it will be done in a race in the not too distant future.

The mindset of many will change....

Look at what happened when he broke the world record by over a minute.. Suddenly someone like Bekele had a target to aim for. The top three material times have all been run in the past 12 months. Before that they were all over a minute slower

I saw this for the first time. Future life in a pouch. One pouch with water in, the other with the powder. Squeeze and pop the seal allows the 2 too mix together.

With my luck, the water will go "pop" in any of the three other directions than the one it's meant and designed to pop...  :P 

With my luck, the water will go "pop" in any of the three other directions than the one it's meant and designed to pop...  :P

Just like those damn CO2 cartridges that go off unexpectedly leaving you to pump by hand, or else freeze themselves into your fingers (usually both, in my case).

I seem to remember a pharmacist in KZN sells bicarb in capsules.

*read with a pinch of salt, in comic sans font

Just remember to ask for a clean knife in case he's been cutting probenecid for the granny that was directly ahead of you in the queue at Dischem.

Moab 240 starts in 6 hours. I can't wait to dot watch. Our man Bennie Roux is there (as well as David Goggins!) 

They have had these available for a few years in massive bulk, for feeding mining operations and schools so it is good to see we can hopefully buy them now not 10 000 at a time. There are other local brands available in Dischem as well,  R15 each makes it cheaper than a Gu gel as well. I use them for Adventure racing, even took a few to Scotland for Itera.