ScottCM

I have the oriiiiginal FuelCell... think Impulse? With forefoot cell. Really like them. Nice fit as well.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Wayne.... Next step.. 26.2 miles/42.2km

thats the goal.

The legs feel surprisingly ok tonight. I need to work on my nutrition a bit. Other than that, I reckon I’ll hit the 42 in a month or three. Just wanna take it a little easy so I don’t get injured.

thats the goal.

The legs feel surprisingly ok tonight. I need to work on my nutrition a bit. Other than that, I reckon I’ll hit the 42 in a month or three. Just wanna take it a little easy so I don’t get injured.

Be careful of carrying other fitness into running, its a recipe for injuries.

You should stick to your own advice of taking it easy to avoid injuries.

With most people starting running there is a lack of base fitness and that limits your distances initially. People carrying other fitness dont have that an end up running too far, too soon and getting injured.

Running is awesome though, there are so many races to keep you busy.

Does anyone run in Hoka's?

I have been looking at them for ages and always end up going with the old faithful Asics.

Maybe its the clown shoe factor? I love the idea of good cushioning for the longer runs.

Be careful of carrying other fitness into running, its a recipe for injuries.

You should stick to your own advice of taking it easy to avoid injuries.

With most people starting running there is a lack of base fitness and that limits your distances initially. People carrying other fitness dont have that an end up running too far, too soon and getting injured.

Running is awesome though, there are so many races to keep you busy.

oh totally. First thing I did was get a coach with a decent running programme that’s personalised and tweaked.

I’m on week 5 of my program.

I have given myself a year to get to 53km distance comfortably.

Lately I’ve been suffering a bit with big toe metatarsal pain on my right foot so thought it was time to replace my Brooks GTS 20’s

Today I went for my first run in some Hoka’s (Hoka Gaviota 2) which are a stability shoe.

Event though i felt about 2 inches taller and my SOH commented that I look taller.....I am very happy with them so far, even tho it was a only a short 4K they were very comfortable and no post run metatarsal pain, something I’m prone to.

Really looking forward to running in them again.... and they were cheaper than the other options (ASICS kayano and brooks Ravenna)

Has anyone else run in these perhaps, and have feedback?

I have been looking at them for ages and always end up going with the old faithful Asics.

Maybe its the clown shoe factor? I love the idea of good cushioning for the longer runs.

I’m on my first pair of Hoka’s and have done about 500km on them and while they are still holding up well I have started to think about my next pair and if I should stick with them..... my primary goal was to find a shoe that is well cushioned especially in the forefoot area and for this they served me well. I do find they are a bit heavy. I’ve tried various ASICS and Brooks models in the past and feel that the hoka’s are definitely more comfortable and cushioned resulting in less forefoot pain, but then I’m also running less than before. I will most likely go the hoka route again and then get a second shoe slightly lighter shoe for the occasions when I feel the urge to run a TT. Edited by SwissVan

I’m on my first pair of Hoka’s and have done about 500km on them and while they are still holding up well I have started to think about my next pair and if I should stick with them..... my primary goal was to find a shoe that is well cushioned especially in the forefoot area and for this they served me well. I do find they are a bit heavy. I’ve tried various ASICS and Brooks models in the past and feel that the hoka’s are definitely more comfortable and cushioned resulting in less forefoot pain, but then I’m also running less than before. I will most likely go the hoka route again and then get a second shoe slightly lighter shoe for the occasions when I feel the urge to run a TT.

Im a pretty heavy overpronator so all of my shoes end up on the heavy side as a result.

Im also a fairly big built guy so any extra cushioning is a good thing on the long runs.

I find I can run in pretty much anything up to 10km but after that I need shoes that agree with my feet!

I heard the Hokas are also quite narrow, did you find that at all? similar size to your other brand shoes?

oh totally. First thing I did was get a coach with a decent running programme that’s personalised and tweaked.

I’m on week 5 of my program.

I have given myself a year to get to 53km distance comfortably.

Your coach will be able to monitor your fitness and workout load to ensure that you do progress and injury free when doing so.

Im a pretty heavy overpronator so all of my shoes end up on the heavy side as a result.

Im also a fairly big built guy so any extra cushioning is a good thing on the long runs.

I find I can run in pretty much anything up to 10km but after that I need shoes that agree with my feet!

I heard the Hokas are also quite narrow, did you find that at all? similar size to your other brand shoes?

I had hoka Clifton 3 and 4,amd they definitely got more narrow. To the point I changed brand after no 4.

In the beginning they felt a bit narrower, but it never worried me. I generally dont like a shoe being to tight and will often create some slack in the laces above my top mid foot region, i wear a US12.5 hoka and the same in the other brands of running shoes. I also wear orthotics which make the fit tighter. 

I have Clifton (500km) and ATR (450km), they are not bad but I am not blown away.

Im going with Asics Novablast for my max comfort shoe after the Cliftons.