ScottCM

What you possibly saw was MyRun (like park run, just on Sunday's) which has recently started up again. Parkrun has yet to start due the amount of people that generally attend.

Parkrun is completely free

MyRun I heard you pay a once off R60 (for a timing chip, not sure if this optional for a snazzy one or what the story is) and then free thereafter. 

EDIT: Both are partners of Vitality, hence the marketing/branding.

Aaaahhhh ....

That must be it.

Certainly was very well branded as "Vitlaity", and it was on a Sunday (last weekend of February)

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if any of you are in the Linden area but on Tuesday mornings at 6:15am I organise a 5km TT from Yield Coffee Shop. We've got a good bunch of people there but next Tuesday we're holding a kind of mini-race to help a bunch of us gun for our PBs. It'd be really great if some of you speedsters nearby would be open to pacing some of us, or even just flat boxing it yourselves to set the mood? Ferret, any chance you'd be willing to go slow motion for a few km and drag me to a PB?

Cool. What's the route?

Anyone running an Xterra TRX3500 treadmill? Feedback on it?

Reviews seem good. Zwift is a nice to have, price seems good and a 3hp might last longer than the last treadmill I blew up in 2 weeks...

Aaaahhhh ....

That must be it.

Certainly was very well branded as "Vitlaity", and it was on a Sunday (last weekend of February)

Yup, definitely MyRun then. In fact, I think that was the very first Sunday on which they started up again.

I don't know if any of you are in the Linden area but on Tuesday mornings at 6:15am I organise a 5km TT from Yield Coffee Shop. We've got a good bunch of people there but next Tuesday we're holding a kind of mini-race to help a bunch of us gun for our PBs. It'd be really great if some of you speedsters nearby would be open to pacing some of us, or even just flat boxing it yourselves to set the mood? Ferret, any chance you'd be willing to go slow motion for a few km and drag me to a PB?

What's your pb as a matter of interest? I'm guessing 17 something?

We just went through a mile challenge and without actually training for it (i.e just plodding away as I have been for the past 12 months) it was absolutely brutal. I was a solid 30 seconds off my PB. So I'm definitely nowhere near my peak fitness as a result of this last year

What's your pb as a matter of interest? I'm guessing 17 something?

We just went through a mile challenge and without actually training for it (i.e just plodding away as I have been for the past 12 months) it was absolutely brutal. I was a solid 30 seconds off my PB. So I'm definitely nowhere near my peak fitness as a result of this last year

It's 18:19 but that was way back in the time before the plague during 2019 Comrades Training so I'd like to get under 18 this year, starting by beating that PB.

I've only ever done a mile hard in training but I did not like it at all. Not at all.

What sort of times are guys aiming for?

It's 18:19 but that was way back in the time before the plague during 2019 Comrades Training so I'd like to get under 18 this year, starting by beating that PB.

I've only ever done a mile hard in training but I did not like it at all. Not at all.

Sub 18 definitely achievable for you.

Yup... The mile is absolute torture. What really hurts is seeing Ferret run 3 of them in a row better then the one mile I did!

What sort of times are guys aiming for?

Everybody's aiming for something different. I'm going for anything sub 18:20, though 18:10 will be the target, others are going for sub 19, sub 20, sub 21, all the way up to sub 25 and at least one guy is trying for a sub 28.

Sub 18 definitely achievable for you.

Yup... The mile is absolute torture. What really hurts is seeing Ferret run 3 of them in a row better then the one mile I did!

Watching Ferret or Edgar run gives me lactate buildup.

If I see anything slower than 17:50 from you we can't be friends. You got that in you easily. 

*sets Strava to private

Not fair, man. You'll run a 17:50 when you're in 19:00 shape.

NB FuelCell TC quick review:

These are great! I got them for faster paced long runs, but they felt good on a 4km TT too.

Pros: Soft but bouncy ride, well priced for a carbon plated shoe. Light, vented upper.

Cons: Soft midsole is a bit less stable, I have to be a bit careful taking fast corners. A touch heavy @ 280g (size 10)

post-154-0-00811900-1615528181_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie