ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone run in Hoka's?

I have been looking at them for ages and always end up going with the old faithful Asics.

Maybe its the clown shoe factor? I love the idea of good cushioning for the longer runs.

Have clifton 5`s and 7`s done over 1300km in the 7`s and use them as my daily trainers and they probably have another 200km left in them, never had a blister, ran a 28km with them straight out the box, ran right through a nasty bout of plantar fasciatis in them, including 1 marathon and am fine now, love them but they are more daily trainer than speed shoes. Crap on wet tar though. I`m about 84kg and wear a wide and run 10 in under 50min. Cant wait to try the Hoka Mach 4`s coming out now. 

Had a fun morning out. Missed my goal time by 35 seconds but gave what I had on the day. Was inspiring watching ridr go out at what I initially thought was a pace he'd pay for when he got to the hilly km in the middle but he stuck it the whole way and ran a 17:17. When you see other people doing it, it gives you a bit of confidence that it's possible to get quicker. Was good to meet you, man!

17:17.... Gonna have to change his handle to "runr"

17:17.... Gonna have to change his handle to "runr"

I made exactly the same joke in my mind when I read that, giggled like a school girl and then stopped myself from typing it because I decided I wasn't comfortable admitting I'm a middle aged dad on these forums!! 

Dick Hoyt has died, age 80.

If you don't know the story of Rick and Dick Hoyt, get the tissues, and do some googling. What a guy

I watched a doccie about them once. Incredible

Happy birthday Stretchy or shall I say Speedy. May you have an injury free year ahead

I missed this. Thanks Scott

I made exactly the same joke in my mind when I read that, giggled like a school girl and then stopped myself from typing it because I decided I wasn't comfortable admitting I'm a middle aged dad on these forums!!

I've just turned 46.... Hi.. My names stretch.. Im a middle aged man[emoji38]

I've just turned 46.... Hi.. My names stretch.. Im a middle aged man[emoji38]

We need to start a new group for us over 40s. Runners with a "middle-aged" problem.

40 isn't middle aged!!!!

Strange how I used to think that it was until I hit 40 myself [emoji30].

WARNING  !!!  WARNING

ANOTHER SHOE POST!

I run in the Nike Zoom Fly 3's. I like them a lot. They are getting a bit tired (but not quite done yet) and I am noticing that as I am increasing my frequency of runs, they are not drying between runs properly and I don't want to leave them in the sun to dry.

So I am thinking I need to go get a second pair of shoes for rotation and then break those in. Around the time that they are broken in, I will likely need to replace the Nikes and will then buy a third pair (effectively replacing pair one) and have two newish sets.

I have been reading up quite a bit on the benefits of running in two different shoes to allow for some adaptability between shoes and strengthen different muscles in the feet.

Seeing as the Zoom Fly 4's are only due for release at the end of 2021, I am looking outside of the NIKE brand for a change.

Shoes high on my list are:

Hoka Carbon X2

Hoka Clifton 7's

Saucony Endorphin Pro

New Balance Fuel cell RC elite.

I like shoes that feel fast and light. I don't like hard and sluggish/heavy shoes. I realise most of these shoes far exceed my running ability, but they make me feel sexy and I like them. A lot of folks told me the Zoom Fly's were wrong for me and I love them. Hated the Pegasus.

Shoes I have tried and bought that never made it past a few weeks cos they suck (for me at least)

Asics Kayano Series

Mizuno Waverider

Nike Pegasus

New Balance 1080 V10 (I didn't like running in these, but use them as casual sneakers quite a bit)

What's the thoughts of the Oracles on the hub?

WARNING  !!!  WARNING

ANOTHER SHOE POST!

I run in the Nike Zoom Fly 3's. I like them a lot. They are getting a bit tired (but not quite done yet) and I am noticing that as I am increasing my frequency of runs, they are not drying between runs properly and I don't want to leave them in the sun to dry.

So I am thinking I need to go get a second pair of shoes for rotation and then break those in. Around the time that they are broken in, I will likely need to replace the Nikes and will then buy a third pair (effectively replacing pair one) and have two newish sets.

I have been reading up quite a bit on the benefits of running in two different shoes to allow for some adaptability between shoes and strengthen different muscles in the feet.

Seeing as the Zoom Fly 4's are only due for release at the end of 2021, I am looking outside of the NIKE brand for a change.

Shoes high on my list are:

Hoka Carbon X2

Hoka Clifton 7's

Saucony Endorphin Pro

New Balance Fuel cell RC elite.

I like shoes that feel fast and light. I don't like hard and sluggish/heavy shoes. I realise most of these shoes far exceed my running ability, but they make me feel sexy and I like them. A lot of folks told me the Zoom Fly's were wrong for me and I love them. Hated the Pegasus.

Shoes I have tried and bought that never made it past a few weeks cos they suck (for me at least)

Asics Kayano Series

Mizuno Waverider

Nike Pegasus

New Balance 1080 V10 (I didn't like running in these, but use them as casual sneakers quite a bit)

What's the thoughts of the Oracles on the hub?

Sorry cant help wrt to shoe choices that you listed, so I'll wait for your feedback on whichever you do decide to get  :thumbup:

But i can maybe help with the wet shoe issue... stuff your shoes full of newspaper overnight or when not using them, the paper absorbs the moisture.... or if you really want to buy some more bling looking shoes just ignore this  :clap:

Had a fun morning out. Missed my goal time by 35 seconds but gave what I had on the day. Was inspiring watching ridr go out at what I initially thought was a pace he'd pay for when he got to the hilly km in the middle but he stuck it the whole way and ran a 17:17. When you see other people doing it, it gives you a bit of confidence that it's possible to get quicker. Was good to meet you, man!

Still a super fast time Barry..