ScottCM

Eish. Okay. Downgrade it is. Will have a chilled run with the wifey then.

I tend to agree with that. A 42 just two weeks before your goal Marathon isn't a good idea. There is a reason why most runners, SA runners being the exception, only aim at 1 or 2 marathons a year.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go train at Hedianga and then wind up the capetonians

If you do the Rosemary Hill run and take the complete inverse of that you will know exactly what to expect on Table Mountain :-)

I've been doing double-laps of the Moreleta Kloof Nature Reserve and I thought I might have a little try at Wolwespruit next weekend - But compared to what I was doing on the road - It certainly isn't easy this trail running thing.  

Cape Town Peace Trail only runs along signal hill and lions head. I think you referring to Table montain Challenge

Oh bugger yeah, correct! I actually thought of Oceans...

But still, that's also a very nice run! Word of warning - don't be right at the back at the start. There's a section that narrows going up shortly after the start and there's no room to overtake - and shortly thereafter you strike the first single-track. 

Lots of guys targeting sub 3:30 in their next marathon myself included. With CTM approaching I have started wondering though if I’m ready for it. Have done the training and at the John Korasie 30km I managed to run a comfortable 2:35 so that gives me some hope. Except for the last 4km’s into Simonstown with that headwind. That wasn’t comfortable at all [emoji30]

Ronnie, relax about Simon's Town 30... Ran it last year and those last couple of k's are terrible after that long uphill stretch (you then realise why we fly so there in Argus) and down towards SimonsTown... and then the rollers into the wind. 

If you don't feel terrible there, you've done something wrong - or went for a cruise, which is not the case for a 2:35 on that route! 

Relax, prep and take CTM as it comes. Go for your goals.

Who on here had the issue of the Brooke's ghost 9 rubbing the side of the foot like I did..I can't remember. I'm thinking about getting another pair. The 11 or 12... But I'm wondering if this problem still persists

Who on here had the issue of the Brooke's ghost 9 rubbing the side of the foot like I did..I can't remember. I'm thinking about getting another pair. The 11 or 12... But I'm wondering if this problem still persists

I had...   A piece of KT tape on the inside of my foot with runs over 20km solved it.  Both those pairs of 9's are still going strong, at 1,600 and 1,400 km respectively.

I haven't had the rubbing since the 10's.

For some reason I was not so fond of the 11's personally, but the 12's feels FANTASTIC so far! 

Do it !!! https://www.poobienaidoos.co.za/product/brooks-ghost-12-mens/

Edited by Jackes

On world records - Zach Bitter set a new world record for 100 miles of 11:19, 9 odd mins faster than prev. Set on indoor track. He went on a little while to break his own 12 hour record too - 168kms

What news did I miss...? Where's Gerda Steyn? I don't see any of the Oceans female podium there, for that matter.

A lot them made themselves unavailable for selection for Various Reasons.

Some just weren't selected for at all for other previous agendas/reasons.

Gerda is racing New York city marathon again later in the year.

What news did I miss...? Where's Gerda Steyn? I don't see any of the Oceans female podium there, for that matter.

A few might be aiming to qualify for Olympics if they can. And I'm not sure if ASA provides much in the way of support?

Stephen Mokoka ran a 59min51s 21k in Buenos Aires yesterday. Breaking a 22 year old SA record set by Hendrick Ramaalah and becoming the first South African to run under 60min on a standard 21k course.

In the same race Glenrose Xaba became the third South African woman to run under 70 minutes for 21km, runnning 1:09:44 (the other two who have run sub 70min are Elana Meyer and Colleen de Reuck.

Stephen Mokoka ran a 59min51s 21k in Buenos Aires yesterday. Breaking a 22 year old SA record set by Hendrick Ramaalah and becoming the first South African to run under 60min on a standard 21k course.

And there I was yesterday, feeling pleased that I'd dragged my ass in at just over 2h17m. Bah! Maybe cycling is better after all. Bet I'd beat his time if I used the bike.